HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Cancel Upgrade Messages in this topic - RSS

Hutton
Hutton

5/12/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I've realized that upgrading units can become a boondoggle if a sudden turn of events require you to mobilize them in hangers.

I'd really like to be able to cancel the upgrade.

In the moment, I'd want to be able to load the upgrading unit and be responsible myself for making sure there is enough hanger space to accommodate the upgrade, but that doesn't really make sense from the perspective of immersion. A unit wouldn't be able to recruit from the hold of a ship in deep space. They would have to abandon their recruitment drive if they were mobilized off planet.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/12/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
I support this. 100%. It's a bit better now with shorter upgrade times but seriously crimps logistics.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/12/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Upgrading in hangars and then stalling it at the last turn if it would make it not fit is just a little tricky and I haven't gotten to it yet is all.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/12/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I think it would address the issue, and more realistic, to keep the mechanic that prevents upgrading units from loading but allow us to cancel the upgrade. Let us decide if it's important enough to lose the funds we have already invested in the upgrade.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/12/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Doctor Dread wrote:
Upgrading in hangars and then stalling it at the last turn if it would make it not fit is just a little tricky and I haven't gotten to it yet is all.

I agree that this is tricky - but is there some way to simply cancel an upgrade? With total or partial loss of the upgrade cost but sometimes in war you really need to get your assets rolling...
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/12/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Yes, I'm assuming that would not be nearly as tricky, and I think in this particular case the simpler solution and the better gameplay solution are the same thing.
0 link