HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Net Worth of Products? Messages in this topic - RSS

Hutton
Hutton

5/13/2017
Hutton
Hutton
How are products figured into net worth? Are they valued at 100% demand?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/13/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
When it comes to most things, yes product value is based on 100% demand. On net worth I think. When it comes to salvaging a stack its the average demand of the planet its on but then cut to 25% of that value
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/13/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I just tested by checking my networth before and after salvaging a stack, and the value of the salvage got added to net worth. That leads me to believe that products in storage aren't factored into net worth at all.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/13/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
I actually think you are right Hutton - stacks of products in storage do not contribute to your net worth.

What does add to your net worth are:

1) Your cash
2) Your production facilities
2) Your units
3) Your HQ (though it probably really should not)

What does not add to your net worth:

1) Your stacks of products
2) Your units in production - yeah you paid 250 million to build that monolith but for the next 1000 turns it's value just gone from the balance sheets. Though this actually makes sense because if your shipyard is destroyed during production - that unit is lost forever (and no compensation given).
3) Your items - this includes artifacts and APCs

Also worth noting - if you have put up a unit for sale in a contract, that unit is still counted in your net worth until the contract is completed at which point it is gone. For the contracts to buy or sell products the net worth changes with your cash balance.

I might have missed something but that's how I believe it works.
edited by Vulpex on 5/13/2017
edited by Vulpex on 5/13/2017
0 link