HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Production/Construction Advancement Question Messages in this topic - RSS

BigHat
BigHat

5/16/2017
BigHat
BigHat
Hello, and thanks for your help in advanced. Would someone be able to explain to me exactly how one moves up the tier of structures. For example, how would one begin to work towards producing tier 2 products.

The game guide says component factories "Creates products from resources that are also used to make other products. Requires 10 units of varying resources." This isn't clear to me. Would I need 10 units of the required basic resource to produce, say things from an alloy factory for example? What are these required resources and where can they be found? Does the higher level factory need to be on an appropriate resource tile like a ranch should be on a pasture? Would I need to transport required material to an alloy factory to create the products?

I can't find anything aside from those two sentences about it in the game guide. I appreciate your time.
edited by BigHat on 5/16/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
BigHat wrote:
Hello, and thanks for your help in advanced. Would someone be able to explain to me exactly how one moves up the tier of structures. For example, how would one begin to work towards producing tier 2 products. The game guide says component factories "Creates products from resources that are also used to make other products. Requires 10 units of varying resources." This isn't clear to me. Would I need 10 units of the required basic resource to produce, say things from an alloy factory for example? What are these required resources and where can they be found? Does the higher level factory need to be on an appropriate resource tile like a ranch should be on a pasture? Would I need to transport required material to an alloy factory to create the products? I can't find anything aside from those two sentences about it in the game guide. I appreciate your time.

If you go to your Corp HQ structure and click on More Info, it has a list of all the components required to make the tier 2 product you are interested in, just FYI

All you have to do is put down the factory, anywhere, Say Alloy Factory making Basic Alloy. That factory will consume the needed products from the location it is sitting on, 3 Basic Mineral, 6 Basic Metal, 1 Basic Chemical every turn. You have to make sure it has enough components to run or it wont run at all. If it has what it needs, plus credits to run, it will spit out 10 Basic Alloy a turn.

You are taking 10 units of tier one product worth 100 each, putting it through the alloy factory with some credits and you are converting it into 10 units of Basic Alloy with is worth 325 each. Assuming everything is selling at 100% you can actually be barely profitable if you simply bought all the components to run the factory.

What usually happens is that players who are already making Basic Metal decide to get into Alloys because the bulk of the required components are Metal already and then they buy the small amount of the other components or trade it via contract with another player who makes it real cheap.

If the prices of the comps are low and the Alloys high then you can make a fortune, if it is reversed though, like all your components are at 200 demand and your Alloy is at 100 demand, You can almost make more money selling the components
0 link
BigHat
BigHat

5/16/2017
BigHat
BigHat
I appreciate the reply! Thanks for the help.
edited by BigHat on 5/16/2017
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

5/17/2017
Zip555
Zip555
http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/home_guide.aspx?section=comps
0 link