Mayor's role in the city Messages in this topic - RSS

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/16/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey there!

Please take the following with a grain of salt, or don't, it's up to you! =D

So I was thinking about how the Mayor can most benefit his city for long term growth and I saw that ticks per turn of extra income. At first I thought it was shockingly low but after watching some head movies I realized it's not a bad gig. But the question remains if it's really profitable, and if anything could be added as further incentive loooooong term.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that every turn it ticks for 1% of the pop of the city. So basically everyone in the city gives me a Penny every 10 minutes. Of course there's 144 Ticks per day so that would equate to

~1.3 M Pop > 1,300$ Per tick X 144 = 187K per day in extra funds to spend on the cities well being.

Now if I were to try and stretch those as far as they could for the city, which I plan to, then it would mean buying quite a lot of products (sacrificing time with transports) to try and keep demand down in enough categories to keep growth optimal. Other than being elected God Emperor of the planet, what long term bonuses are there? I love the idea of nurturing the cities to grow as much as possible, but I don't see how I can accomplish it. Keep in mind I know this is supposed to be difficult and you operate at a loss for the betterment of the people in the city, and I'm 110% ok with that. I guess I just haven't been able to talk about it and wanted people's opinions or the mechanics of it.

Thanks!

-BB
0 link