Forum to discuss corporate politics and in-game events

The Moon Charter Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

5/22/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Article 1 – Goal of the Moon Charter
The goal of this charter is to establish the principles on how the artifact resources of the moon are to be used in for the benefit of the expansion of mankind.
In order to achieve this it is important that an agreement be reached on the use of the moon so as to –
  • · Eliminate conflict over artifacts
  • · Ensure artifacts are used for the benefit of mankind
  • · Optimize the output of Artifacts from the moon

Article 2 – Ratification of the Charter

The charter has to be ratified by 13 of the 25 mayors of Earth to come into effect by turn 1400.
All corporations remaining on Lewis must be in compliance with the charter in particular with regards to the status of their research facilities by turn 1400.
If the charter has not been ratified by turn 1400 it will be considered null and void.

Article 3 – Manager of Lewis
The Mayor of Lewis will be appointed as the Manager of Lewis. He will be responsible to adjudicate in primary instance questions of arising from this charter. In particular he is empowered to:
  • Revise the accepted levels of research facilities on Lewis.
  • Adjudicate on any special arrangements for the pooling of research levels to bigger projects.
  • Supervise and organize the defense of Lewis
  • Take measures regarding the enforcement of this charter, being able to call on signatories for support.

Article 4 – Ownership of Research Facilities
The 25 Mayors of Earth and the Mayor of Lewis will be entitled to maintain a research facility on Lewis. The research facilities will be named in such a way as to begin by the name of the city they represent.
A Mayor may delegate the maintenance of a research facility to another corporation headquartered in his own city if such an arrangement will be of greater benefit to the city.
If an incumbent mayor with an active research facility on Lewis loses an election he may finish the production of a tier 1 artifact before doing one of three things:
  • Salvaging his research facility
  • Setting production of the facility to 0
  • Transferring ownership of the research facility to the newly elected mayor.
All other facilities will be considered unlawful. The Manager of Lewis will take action to either bring them into conformity or remove them from Lewis.

Article 5 – Management of Research Facilities
Research facilities will be capped to level 5.

Article 6 – Use of artifacts
The use of artifacts for any of the following effects is banned in the entire Sol system:
Geo Scorcher, Gaia Scorcher, Solar Reducer, Super Virus
Whoever uses such an artifact, or provides an artifact to another corporation that results in such a use forfeits his rights to maintain a research facility on Lewis.

Article 7 – Defense of Lewis
The responsibility for the defense of Lewis rests on the Manager of Lewis.
He may call on signatories of this charter for support in the defense or for the enforcement of this charter.
The city manager will establish the allowed forces on the moon for the signatories of this charter, either as a set of units or as total force strength, or as a combination of the two.
The forces of the city manager will be set to defend the entire population of Lewis, except for commandos.
The forces of other signatories should not be defending unless explicitly requested to do so by the Manager of Lewis.

Article 8 - Transitional Provisions
All corporations which have research facilities on the moon must bring their research facilities into compliance with the charter by turn 1400. This can happen in the following ways:
  • By holding the position of Mayor of a city
  • By being appointed by the Mayor of their city to conduct research on behalf of their city.
  • By salvaging their research facilities.
If ratified the charter becomes enforceable after turn 1400.
edited by Vulpex on 5/22/2017
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/22/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
As Mayor of Chicago - I hereby ratify this charter on behalf of the people of Chicago.
0 link
Krell
Krell

5/22/2017
Krell
Krell
As Mayor of Warsaw - I hereby ratify this charter on behalf of the people of Warsaw.
0 link
Bossalinie
Bossalinie

5/22/2017
Bossalinie
Bossalinie
Karachi Mayor here, also ratifies this charter on behalf of the people of Karachi
0 link
Mountjim
Mountjim

5/22/2017
Mountjim
Mountjim
The major of Delhi ratifies the charter. Nicely done by the way.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/22/2017
Hutton
Hutton
The Mayor of New York, and incidentally the Emperor of the freakin' planet, votes in favor of ratification.
0 link
karr1981
karr1981

5/22/2017
karr1981
karr1981
TheUlric - CEO of Excalibur Inc & Mayor of Rabat votes in favor of this ratification
0 link
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr

5/22/2017
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr
As Mayor of Moscow, I ratify this charter on the behalf of the people of Moscow. May we all prosper together.
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

5/22/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
As Mayor of Lewis i vote in favour of the Charter
0 link
Zango
Zango

5/23/2017
Zango
Zango
As Mayor of Rio De Janeiro I also ratify this charter, so we may advance our civilization peacefully.
0 link
^Obsidian Church^
^Obsidian Church^

5/23/2017
The Obsidian Church of Houston casts it's vote to ratify this charter.
0 link

5/23/2017
As Mayor of Madrid, I agree to the terms set.
0 link
^Obsidian Church^
^Obsidian Church^

5/23/2017
By the way, I think you forgot to add Nanite Swarm to the banned artifacts list, unless that changed for some reason.
0 link
SarahSmith
SarahSmith

5/23/2017
SarahSmith
SarahSmith
As Mayor of Madrid, I agree to the terms set.

somehow i was signed out.
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

5/23/2017
Zip555
Zip555
Mayor of Berlin
0 link
bosik1
bosik1

5/23/2017
bosik1
bosik1
I have been delegated to use research facility on behalf of city of Delhi.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/23/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
bosik1 wrote:
I have been delegated to use research facility on behalf of city of Delhi.

This is useful but we would need the mayor of Delhi (Mountjim) to confirm this.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/23/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Point of order: it is Jimbobdaz's perogative to press that issue (or not) in the event that the Mayor of Delhi fails to raise the issue themself.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/23/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Hutton wrote:
Point of order: it is Jimbobdaz's perogative to press that issue (or not) in the event that the Mayor of Delhi fails to raise the issue themself.

Technically this becomes a point of order once the charter is fully ratified but fair enough.

Talking of which so far we've had the ratification of 11 Mayors of Earth and the Mayor of Lewis - we still need two more Mayors of Earth for the ratification to be completed.
0 link
Hollister
Hollister

5/23/2017
Hollister
Hollister
London joins the charter.
0 link