HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

In need of a DIFINITIVE answer on mult-accounting. Messages in this topic - RSS

^Obsidian Church^
^Obsidian Church^

5/23/2017
Since it's common practice now to use half a dozen accounts to make extra ACPs and to boost economy, I just wanted to get a 100% FINAL answer from DrDread/Serendipity that this is something he wants to allow rule-wise. (Since atm it's not prohibited, or considered a cheat in order to get ahead of others.) This has been discussed a bunch, but we still have never heard from Dread on the matter.

I will bump this thread twice a day till we get an answer.
edited by Valhalla on 5/23/2017
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/23/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
THE OFFICIAL WORD IS:
Multi Accounting by itself is NOT illegal. You will not be banned simply for playing with another account on same email or IP address.

Abuse of the game IS illegal.

You can be told to kill/transfer all your extra accounts past the first if it becomes abusive. Refunding money if necessary but we're not obligated to. If you're abusing the game with multi accounting we will warn you and help fix the situation, combine the corps but we have the right to ban them entirely. Make multiple accounts at your own risk.

Examples of abuse:
Having multiple accounts where one is simply feeding another is abuse. You and your girlfriend working together is of course not.
Making any account to suicide sell or buy the price of a product in a city so you can exploit it is abuse.
Making suicide accounts that Overcrowd resources on Earth because of Lulz is Abuse.
Dumping free accounts after transferring the tutorial money is abuse.
Making an extra account to move military to so you can attack someone else with it is abuse.

Having 2-3 accounts "working together" is not automatically abuse but you are walking into a gray area once you make a second account and do this sort of thing. If I see more than 3 accounts running under one person you may get told to tone it back.

If you are abusing multiple accounts, abusing the game at all actually, you can potentially lose your "main" one as well.

We have the right to ban your account and delete everything without refund if we deem it necessary, That's not option #1 of course and you will be warned first if you we feel you are abusing the game.

I cannot realistically prevent multi accounting
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/23/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I can't stop multi accounts, I really can't. There's no way to tell the difference between you and 3 friends playing one LAN or you playing 4 accounts. I can't even check against multiple forms of payments. Most people can have access to multiple credit cards or PayPal accounts. If you've been playing these games for a while you know there's a dozen ways to hide your multi accounts.

Instead I tried to make the game in a way that makes multi accounts and their abuse a little less viable. Its hard to be annihilated and its easy to recover from it. Big players best position is to be in rulership which means protecting others and being likable. Big players can't easily move their operations to other places so you can just get away from bad areas. There is some player voting that can affect abusive players etc.

But the real issue is, if you're abusing the game with your 12 multi accounts suicide attacking new players all over earth while saying "Lol U MAD BRO?" we will simply shut you down entirely. Even if its one account, even if you are paying on three accounts, it doesn't justify losing 100 other players.
+1 link
^Obsidian Church^
^Obsidian Church^

5/23/2017
Thanks for finally ruling on the matter. At least we know where the rules lie now. smile
edited by Valhalla on 5/23/2017
+1 link