HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Defend/Attack Limits Messages in this topic - RSS

LoImpact
LoImpact

5/24/2017
LoImpact
LoImpact
The main problem with setting limits is the units remain after the limits are reached. When the attack continues they are doomed. Either allow one to set retreat orders or have the units move one space away from the battle after limits are reached.
0 link
Shooer
Shooer

5/24/2017
Shooer
Shooer
If a unit reaches the stated limits it ends the order just as if there was nothing to attack. Just set a move order after your attack order.
0 link
LoImpact
LoImpact

5/24/2017
LoImpact
LoImpact
My experiance shows that if you set an attack order and then a movement order, you attack the number of turns you tell it to, then it moves. If you set no times, it attacks once and moves to the next order
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/24/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
There are a few different scenarios here. The two important things to remember is that in a single turn movement happens before combat and when a unit reaches it's % damage taken it moves onto the next order on the list.

First case - attacking units with a damage limit.

Once the damage limit is reached they will stop attacking and move to the next order in their list. If there is no order they just sit there. If they have a movement order they will move the next turn before combat happens (movement takes place before combat)

NOTE - Special case - if the stack of units which you are attacking also have orders to attack you - they will continue to engage your unit until you give the order to move out. This may result in the death of your unit and happens often with the Kaiju attacks. Also retreating into the path of the Kaiju is not a good idea.

Second case - Guarding units

In this case the order is given to guard - if damage is taken up to a certain % then the next order gets executed. It is generally a good idea for the next order to be a movement order. However if for instance you have units which guarding an entire location once the damage percentage is reached they will stop guarding the location. If the attacker is fighting someone else your units are out of the fight at that point.

Final case - Defenders

If someone is actively attacking and you do not have a guard order set, the fights will continue until either the attacker ceases or your units are destroyed. That simple.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/24/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Ya know I've never actually tested the guard order with a damage limit scenario, does that work? It should but never actually tested it
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/24/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
You know... maybe you need a testing environment ...

As a matter of fact I have never actually tested this with my own units but I believe others have (I have seen units run away from me in the middle of combat when their owner was offline as far as I could tell) so I am assuming it works.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/24/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
You know... maybe you need a testing environment ...

As a matter of fact I have never actually tested this with my own units but I believe others have (I have seen units run away from me in the middle of combat when their owner was offline as far as I could tell) so I am assuming it works.

I do have a testing environment, my machine at home =)
I just don't have a dedicated QA team!
0 link
^Obsidian Church^
^Obsidian Church^

5/27/2017
Human Bug Magnet, Obsidian Church reporting for duty sir! :P
0 link