HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

RP Questions Messages in this topic - RSS

TCromwell
TCromwell

5/28/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
I have some questions, that are purely for RP sake and have no real bearing on the game its self.

First up every one seems to more or less roll with the idea that one tick (every 10 mins) is a "solar day" in game. Is this meant to be or just something every one has as a group decided made sense and ran with it?

Assuming that a tick is a day, does that mean there is only 144 days per solar year?

Next up is extraction / cargo; is each "unit" like one ton of material?

I know this may seem silly, but for those of us who like to have more RP to the game. I would love to see more RP value and lore and specifics hammered out and will be happy to help build this world. Thoughts?

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/28/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Thank you for your queries. The Terran Federation Information Office is happy to assist in clarifying such little minutiae in the running of the human colonies in Sol and beyond.

Regarding timekeeping the ancient time standard of a "day" as defined by the rotation of the Earth is no longer relevant, given our colonization of moons and planets across the galaxy. Thus the concept of a solar day was introduced where 144 solar days did in fact correspond to one of the former years. So a solar day is approximately 60 hours and 50 minutes of the previous calendar.

Regarding the question of cargo - all cargo transported in and out of earth must conform to the requirements of the standardized interstellar container. Each unit of cargo corresponds to a single standardized interstellar container, which have constraints on both volume and weight - this when carrying exotic minerals it is the weight constraint that is relevant, whereas when transporting exotic plant petals it is the volume requirement.

You are welcome.

(and I just made all of that up but hey I like it. The time thing I know is a bit flakey)
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/28/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
Lol closest thing we have to lore around here. I think it would be a good idea if we could come together and build lore for the game, that becomes cannon.

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link