HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

If-Goto logic for unit commands Messages in this topic - RSS

Tahujoe
Tahujoe

5/30/2017
Tahujoe
Tahujoe
It's the most basic logical command structure, since the unit programs already look like assembly. Basically, expand the loop command (goto n times/infinitely) with conditionals and allow it to point further ahead in the program.

Not sure if I can come up with a complete list of conditions to check, but comparing resources to each other would be a good start. Minor snippet as an example:

10 ifgoto beef < poultry 40
20 pickup beef all
30 ifgoto true 50 // alternatively loop 50 infinitely
40 pickup poultry all
50 ...

--
I swear I'm not trying to break things.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/31/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Giving the loop command at least two options to go to based on something that can be checked isn't too difficult honestly. But I don't want to get into programming your corporations "AI" to always buy and sell a the best prices. It's like you're botting the gameplay. I would rather make it much easier to actually switch to different products across your chain. For example, select a couple of structures and a couple of transports that are shipping it around and then say "Switch Moscow to Warsaw" and "Poultry to Beef" and it will switch the production and any orders that have those cities or product types to the other ones in one show. It might be a "Mass Change Orders" option from assets
0 link
Teluna
Teluna

6/1/2017
Teluna
Teluna
Being able to auto rotate production for things like Pastures and Farms would be lovely, especially if it can avoid the turn delay on production swap. Alternatively, being able to split production on one farm or pasture to produce like half beef half fish each turn might also be neat, though that might be a little too much.
0 link