HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Transfering Cargo Messages in this topic - RSS

Hartomich
Hartomich

6/4/2017
Hartomich
Hartomich
Right now I've got a bunch of Transports picking up End products from my factories. They are all supposed to pick up a certain amount of end products and then leave (for example, 600 bedding, and 600 basic furniture). My production of bedding is enought that they can all pick up 600 right away, but my basic furniture production isnt. So now all my transports are waiting at my factories until they are loaded with their 600 basic furniture.

Now I'm wondering if it is an idea to turn this loading into a "load up to 600" idea. So that they would load as much as possible, up to a certain amount (600 in this case) and then go, so that they're not waiting around for production to fill up their cargo hold.

Please let me know what you think, otherwise I'll just change the whole thing to load without a set amount

Regards
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

6/4/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
You already have a load all you can then leave command - i.e. load stuff (without limit) they will pickup what is there and move on.

The load (specific amount command) requires the wait and that's important because it is used in hauling from far off places where the transit time is long so you want to make sure to get sufficient goods to make your factory run.
0 link
Hartomich
Hartomich

6/4/2017
Hartomich
Hartomich
Aye, I see why it would be usefull there. But what if I want to transfer 3 different goods from one city, and if possible in equal amounts?
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

6/4/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Then that's when you have the load (600) command. It will move equal amounts wink

The problem is not with the loading commands - it's with the complexity of logistics which makes it tricky to calculate if you will have 600 unit or less when you start loading.

However I am curious, really curious because this has never ever been an issue for me - I've never tried to ship more than 2 types of materials in a single transport/freighter and that was exceptional. May I ask what you need this for?
0 link
Hartomich
Hartomich

6/5/2017
Hartomich
Hartomich
The idea is to supply multiple cities with multiple kinds of goods using one transport. So it would, for example, pick up 1200 of each product, drive past 3 cities, and cell 400 of each product each time. This way I hope to not mess up the demand too much, by selling everything to one city. Maybe this is just a bit far fetched or I'm missing something that would make this way easier, if so, feel free to let me know wink
0 link
Tahujoe
Tahujoe

6/5/2017
Tahujoe
Tahujoe
Military points are going to be a lot more plentiful than logistics points. I'd recommend just getting 1 or more transports per market city. Much smaller order set, too.

--
I swear I'm not trying to break things.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

6/5/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
I kinda disagree on the military logistics being plentiful - but it is an option.
0 link
Hartomich
Hartomich

6/5/2017
Hartomich
Hartomich
Yeah plus that makes a hell of a list if you wanne supply all the cities on earth, and a lot of adjusting if you ever need to change something. But anyway, I've adjusted the pick-up value of the products that I dont produce that much of to pick-up all, so they dont wait around anymore for the holds to fill up. So far that seems to work ok, but something that would give you the option to either wait for the set amount to load, or load up to the set amount, might be of help here
But we'll make it work otherwise as well smile
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

6/5/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Hmm... well ... I have something like 24 transports and 12 freighters and I know folks who have double that... It's all kinda relative though.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/5/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I use less transports but they are on routes that pickup and then sell to a city, then come back and sell to another city ect. for 4-5 cities at a time. Order list is like 25 items long. I use the Load/Save orders option a lot. For example I have a saved route that sells Small Power Cells to like 5 cities back and forth. When I have to many power cells building up I engage it on a free transport and make it loop a few times.; Sometimes I edit the delivery cities based on another tab I have open showing the Max demand for Power cells in the cities on Earth.

You should have less transports, but that are doing 5-10 delevery /pick ups to 5 different cities. Trying to make a single transport run to a single city is a logistic nightmare
0 link
Tahujoe
Tahujoe

6/5/2017
Tahujoe
Tahujoe
I have had success with a small handful of single-target transports (4: Endeavor, Challenge, Hope, and Prospect) with occasional switches to other targets to follow demand. The wide cast to supply every city all the time seems like an uphill battle to me. You're either to going to have to deal with subpar output to cities later in each list or you're going to have "Order list is like 25 items long" for "4-5 cities at a time." Or you're going to be tying up 24 trucks * 3 or 4 levels = almost 100 military logistics points delivering to just Earth.

--
I swear I'm not trying to break things.
0 link