HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Asset Load Time Reduction? Custom Queries Messages in this topic - RSS

Tahujoe
Tahujoe

6/12/2017
Tahujoe
Tahujoe
The asset screen likes to take forever to load any of its lists, especially the overview page. I'd like to suggest a couple of pages to help cut down on overall loading time from the asset screen.

First: An Asset "Home" screen that makes minimal queries into the corp's assets, if any at all, as a stopover from switching to Assets and picking your query. Simple little splash that shouldn't take forever to load.

Second: A screen for constructing and viewing custom queries on a corp's assets. A few examples that I would find useful that can be expanded out to general case:

* where on Jupiter
* where type transport on Earth
* where type freighter (on Sol)
* where type not transport and not freighter and military
* where type structure produces chemicals or lumber or contraband
* where flagged "FruitTrade"

--
I swear I'm not trying to break things.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/15/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Tahujoe wrote:
The asset screen likes to take forever to load any of its lists, especially the overview page. I'd like to suggest a couple of pages to help cut down on overall loading time from the asset screen.

First: An Asset "Home" screen that makes minimal queries into the corp's assets, if any at all, as a stopover from switching to Assets and picking your query. Simple little splash that shouldn't take forever to load.

Second: A screen for constructing and viewing custom queries on a corp's assets. A few examples that I would find useful that can be expanded out to general case:

* where on Jupiter
* where type transport on Earth
* where type freighter (on Sol)
* where type not transport and not freighter and military
* where type structure produces chemicals or lumber or contraband
* where flagged "FruitTrade"

Im trying to rework that Assets query but I have a feeling its something on the server at certain times of day. It loads in under 2 seconds for me. The other pages load instantly that make a lot of calls also. I don't know what the issue is with the assets page yet.

The popular thing to do right now is load the assets page once, then right click on units and open them in a new tab. have 10 tabs open its fine. Holding shift while clicking anything on the assets page works too
0 link