HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Alt Optimization Messages in this topic - RSS

Aywanez
Aywanez

6/27/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
There are a few problems:
Some people have a lot of alts.
It's hard to tell which alts are whose.
However, limited use of alts is allowed and tacitly encouraged, so the difficulty of fixing the problems is matched by a lack of desire to deal with them.

I notice also, that players are separate from corporations (I don't know if this is cosmetic or has some backing in the database, but it would surely be trivial to add such backing.)
I would thus like to propose that instead of allowing multiple accounts, the Devs allow multiple (how about 3 exactly? or 5?) Corporations per account. That would set a natural limit to alts, allow people to easily see who's who, and if someone continues to make new accounts in the new system, this would be a much clearer violation of the (currently poorly defined) Alt Policy, which the community has so far been willing to enforce internally.
The people running alts will also have an easier time keeping their forum personas consistent, and logins all in one place. So they (the ones operating in good faith, anyway) also win.

(NB: This post refers to the same person having multiple accounts as a "having alts" and the accounts themselves as "alt"s. It does not refer to the Alt key on the keyboard, but if it did, it would strictly refer to it as "Alt key". Nor indeed the musical instrument, which it would refer to as "viola".)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/27/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I can't enforce alts to players. I mean if you were smart you could have 10 and I wouldn't be able to put them together as one person. The rules are on abuse and we all know what the abuse is but unless the player is obviously being an ass like noob stomping Earth with 3 accounts at once or causing demand crashes with his other 3 accounts for the hell of itI can't really intervene.

Honestly if someone just wants to play 10 corps scattered around the galaxy as separate atomic units for fun, its not a "problem", if you make it a problem, like have 8 that all feed one and everyone sees it then that is a problem. But in those situations instead of me intervening as an Admin I rather have the player politics have a go at it first. And if it turns violent in game and the abuser is now stomping people with 8 accounts that you didn't know were even his then I can intervene.

In the end if players call you out on multi abuse, You should try to comply because if you go to war with with multiple accounts I have to step in and slap everyone.
+1 link