HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Any Newbie Guides? Messages in this topic - RSS

epc0023
epc0023

7/23/2017
epc0023
epc0023
Hi everyone. I'm new to the game and was wondering if there are any guides or anything for after the tutorial?? The game looks cool but I'm looking for a little direction if possible.
Thank you!
Sven Ugor
0 link
Roddy (Cross Gen)
Roddy (Cross Gen)

7/23/2017
Yes. Same here. I like it but there seem to be a little learning curve that I need to catch up to
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/23/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
There is a Guide on the main website. Other than that, the end of the tutorial lists several things you can try to get going. Generally speaking you make more product and sell it every where you can see a high price for it.. Many people look for low prices, buy it and then sell it to another city on the same planet and make a killing. They chase the events that swing the price of goods.

Under viewscreen, look at the entire planet of earth >> Go Demand tab >> and drill down to a category of products you're into or leave it at the top, >> On the top 10 grid in the lower left you can switch the drop down to "MAX Demand" And you can switch that between high and low. Look for a product with really low demand, sned a transport to buy it and then sell it to a city that has a high demand. Buying costs 2x the value so you would break even if you bought at a 100 and sold at 200. Often times an event slams products to 50 in one city and they are worth 300-400 somewhere else on the planet. you can make a killing with that.
0 link
epc0023
epc0023

7/23/2017
epc0023
epc0023
Thank you DD!! I'll concentrate on upgrading my production and get another transport. 1 more question though. If I'm producing fruit should I build another farm or start production for other products?? I'm thinking a few more transports will make it easier to decide. wink
0 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

7/23/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
I find its a good idea to spread what you're making. You can always upgrade the farm you currently have, and it'll see though through times where that particular product is not in demand.

But yeah, the buy low-sell high works wonders too.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I've been doing nothing but Music holoDiscs for weeks now =)

You spend your research points and you can make it pretty cheap. If you stick to just Fruits on earth, after a while you will be selling down all the demand but its easy enoughto switch productiona dn edit all your transports orders. Fields and pastures are easy that way
0 link
epc0023
epc0023

7/25/2017
epc0023
epc0023
Thanks again guys. Buying and selling is making me a lot of money right now. Stepping out of earth will be the scary part. wink
0 link
epc0023
epc0023

7/26/2017
epc0023
epc0023
I guess the next question is: What the heck do I use all this money on now?? wink
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
epc0023 wrote:
I guess the next question is: What the heck do I use all this money on now?? wink

Once you step out of the Sol System... There is no one to protect you
0 link
beorn080
beorn080

7/27/2017
beorn080
beorn080
Make sure your HQ is always being upgraded. It's a very long process. Upgrade a starport and military base as well, both give speed advantages as they get more upgrades, plus opens up more options. Other then that, buying ships/artifacts.
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

7/28/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
End Products are 750 base, Components are 325, Raw Mats are 100.
Usually but not always, 10 input = 10 output. Some products are different.

So if you have the required raw materials, making components from them will cost you 100*(your multiplier) credits but give you 3.25 times the profit at same demand.

And if you have the required components, making end products will cost you 100*(your multiplier) credits again, but give you 2 times the profit at same demand.

A)Demand will rarely be the same.
B)Large Facilities cost less than 100 base/ product. Level ten gives 1200 product for 100k base.
C)Raw mats have a ressource value, and that matters A LOT. Product goes up, cost stays the same.

So figure out your cost.
----
If you found a profitable niche for (preferably) end products, having a high logistics penalty is not as bad as it sounds. IE: Average price of raw materials 250c, plus cost for component manufacturing and then end product manufacturing 200c each would make 650. So even at 100% demand you would have 100 left to pay for transports and other stuff. Since you start at 50 credits/unit for manufacturing...

With a high penalty, profits from selling raw materials do go down fast.
----
If you sell to a city constantly, you want to give the city only 10% of its volume or prices will drop. Large factories need a good distribution system, or a change of product after some time. Opportunism yields higher profit, but requires that you watch your empire closely.
----
Overview screen for earth - look at industry volume. Find something with little industry. Compare to average demand and total demand volume. Making stuff at 100% base value is equal to finding a 50% "buy from city" source.
0 link