HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Add Industrial effect on population Messages in this topic - RSS

Aywanez
Aywanez

8/9/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
So, Ive been thinking. You know how cities spawn where there is industry? But they do not actually benefit from it. It would be nice if having industry at a city added some inhabitants (I think 1 inhabitant/10 production/turn is a good number.)
"But Ay, I hear you cry, isn't 1 ihabitant/ 10 production just pissing in the wind?"
Well, first of all, don't underestimate the power of a small change in an exponential system. But more importantly the smallness of the change is part of the point- we don't want to seriously change the familiar system, just give a boost to newborn or already dying cities. For most cities on Earth the change will be nigh imperceptible. For places like Vallejo or Meges- crucial.
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/10/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
You could make it a positive population modifier that only triggers while the town is "too small for that industry". And a counter-effect negative population modifier if the industry is "too small for that town".
+1 link
Hutton
Hutton

8/10/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I think trade should apply short term upward pressure on the population. Right now, the most effective way to encourage growth is to sell as much as you can to a city and never buy from it. That doesn't feel right. Buying products from a city should stimulate the economy and create jobs. I think you should take the amount of product both bought and sold in the past 50 turns and convert that into a subtle boost to population growth.
+1 link