HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Ruler initiated "edicts" that cause real effects Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
we experimented with rulers being able to make custom voting events, so you can make a vote to go to war with someone for example. but that doesn't actually do anything in game its purely a tool to make decisions.

I do want to make actual "Edicts' that rulers can use against players that will actually be enforced by the game. For example, War Reparations event that was disabled would be able to be applied onto another player by a vote. We can make a "Trade Embargo" edict that won't allow a corp to trade at the appropriate city/planet/system of the ruler who initiated it. A no military edict that forces you to remove military units from a system (although Im not sure how I would enforce that in game, outside a credit penalty?). I can even do an edict that will change ownership of a certain military unit or structure, even an orbital like a warp gate. You can force people in or out of the artifact sites or threaten to trade embargo them in their home system, albeit limited to your scope of rulership. A star Lord could apply these to the entire system and essentially boot you out of Earth (perhaps Earth is immune) . I imagine all edicts would be temporary, maybe a week long.

Those would be some powerful edicts and would give ruler-ship a LOT of actual power. There would be limitations of course. This wold be coming along with a new "Renown" (working name) that you can get for being a ruler, or having an orbital, or having Titles. It could be something like 10 for city ruler, 25 for planet ruler, 50 for star lord, plus 1 for each level of orbital you own and then another 1-10 for your "titles" depending on how big they are. This Renown or Reputation would be a stat next to your logistics and if your reknown is 40 than you get a 40% increase to all your logistics. Also, your reknown is a direct multiplier of your voting weight, which is usually industry driven, but certain votes can be made to use Military (such as ruler ship positions) or some votes, like the new edicts, can be made to use PURELY your reknown stat.

A star Lord trying to issue a trade embargo on another corp for the etnire system would need a vote from every player with reknown in the entire system on majority, the target player would also get to counter with his own reknown, so if it s a huge player who is ruler of a planet with 8 warp gates and system titles, it won't be easy to push an edict on him. The scale or time frame for edicts can be scaled to the vote difference making reknown at least something that will reduce the penalty.

These are some ideas for Edicts and Reknown, feel free to chime in with your own!

... also, reknown might not engage unless you're on a paid account. Which sounds like a sneaky way to "Pay to Get More Logistics" but not really. Not sure how everyone feels about that one. Renown is not something small/new players will have much if any of and not much use for because they cant even vote, its just a logistics bonus that scales at higher levels anyway.
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/16/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Hmm. I think if you want to enforce something in the game you should have to do it. Becoming a toy of the player in control is not something I would play even if I became the one able to dish it out. If you implement it please leave the option to resist by force.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
TimurThunder wrote:
Hmm. I think if you want to enforce something in the game you should have to do it. Becoming a toy of the player in control is not something I would play even if I became the one able to dish it out. If you implement it please leave the option to resist by force.

... the option to resist by force. Hmmmm. Like if You blow up the Crop HQ of the ruler who initiated it, the edicts fail?
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/16/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
It makes me sound like a warmonger, but yes. The mechanics should not allow you to do something you could not realistically enforce. So making an edict is ok, but if you sent me a 3 billion credit bill I want to be able to refuse. Else the potential of abuse is a bit high.
0 link