HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Warp Gate Prices Messages in this topic - RSS

nynobernie
nynobernie

8/29/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
I'd like to suggest a change in the prices for warp gate usages.

Right now the price scales linear with warp speed, also the maintenance cost scale the same. So lets say i earn X% for of the maintenance costs every turn. If I upgrade the warp gate, the maximum earnings will stay at X% of earnings. But as soon as someone decides he does not want to pay for the new max warp level, the the earning drop. I feel like upgrading the warp gate should make it possible to earn more than with lower level gates (upgrading military units makes them up to 10 times as strong compared to the logistics needed, while a max level warp gate generates the same or less income percentage wise compared to the maintenance costs) . So I suggest to change price calculation to something like 1000*warpspeed*size*2. This way upgrading could potentially allow for higher earnings with maintenance scales slower. It's still a risk because you pay more upkeep, but at least there might be a few turns where some sends his fleet at max speed that could make an upgrade worthwhile.

I'm aware that the above is not necessary true or needed if you make a profit with the gate. But i have the feeling there are just not enough players right now for this to happen. A rough estimate for my gate to be break even is 10 times as many usages.

Also i'd like to see options to allow my guild or specific coorporations free usage of my gate.

Any opinions on the topic?
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

8/29/2017
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I'd like to see gatekeepers - maybe a feature that only allows certain list of guilds to use your gate.
+1 link