HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Transfering All Items Messages in this topic - RSS

nynobernie
nynobernie

10/4/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
The option to Pick-up/Drop-off "All Items - Everything" would be a nice quality of life improvment for me. Right now if I switch research from time to time and want to collect the items i have to specifically select every single item typ for pick-up and again for drop-off.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/4/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Its seems easy but quite tricky to pull off because you could have 12 other ships trying to pick up "everything" at same location and I would have to split it up somehow then determine how much cargo you can actually hold etc. With items of different cargo spaces its confuses even more, you can be in a situation where you still have cargo space available but not enough to pick up another item. It becomes a mess, not just to code correctly but it becomes a grind of a query. I'm trying to to avoid any complicated logic on the turn flip to keep it running fast.

For picking up everything at once, what I might be able to do to avoid the messy multiple ship situation is simply pick a single unit as "priority" and only that ship picks up anything that turn. If I limit it to one unit then Its a lot easier to pick up everything if it fits in cargo or if it doesn't then I can much more easily determine what it can pick up because I'm dealing with just one unit. It still gets confusing when one ship is trying to pick up a specific item and the other is trying to pick up "everything" but again if I go by "only one unit can "pick up" at a location in a turn" then I can avoid all the conflict and allow that unit to pick up everything at once.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

10/4/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
I think i would be fine to load specific orders first. After that handle the orders for pick up anything in the easiest manner you can imagine. If there are two units wanting to pick up anything and only one gets something, or its random that has to be an expected possible outcome. If thats not possible handle it like item deployment, where if 3 units want to deploy an item of which are only 2 present, none of the units will deploy an item. Thats not a nice solution, but better than nothing.
0 link