HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

I have the feeling buildings are too cheap. Messages in this topic - RSS

Neerio
Neerio

10/9/2017
Neerio
Neerio
Right now i have all my buildings upgrading and still i am drowning in cash. I feel like this game would be so much more fun if you would have to really balance your economy instead of being able to just buy everything you want.
Despite this, i really like this game! Its fun and quite easy to learn but i feel it has potentiall for great strategic dept.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/10/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Neerio wrote:
Right now i have all my buildings upgrading and still i am drowning in cash. I feel like this game would be so much more fun if you would have to really balance your economy instead of being able to just buy everything you want.
Despite this, i really like this game! Its fun and quite easy to learn but i feel it has potentiall for great strategic dept.

I remember when everything was too expensive =)

Once you get going the cost of everything is a little cheap, there isn't much necessary warfare going on so yo don't need big military. There is also the problem of not enough players scrambling to buy and sell which keeps the amount of money you can make from buying and selling lower
0 link
Neerio
Neerio

10/11/2017
Neerio
Neerio
ill just go to war then wink
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/11/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Is used to be that components and end products / services were worth less money , not 325, 750 and 1000. They were 250, 500 and 750 I think. So we upped that because everyone complained you can only make money in raw materials. Then there is the spaceports stacking problem I need to fix so all of earth isn't at tech bonus +40. We added orbital megastructures but thats a handful of people. If I add more to cities then mauybe somethign else to spend money on. Or maybe I need more attack events
0 link
Neerio
Neerio

10/11/2017
Neerio
Neerio
Maybe up the price of storing goods ? Especially goods that are expensive to store. Like for example poultry that needs to be refrigerated.
0 link
Neerio
Neerio

10/11/2017
Neerio
Neerio
Or add employees, which are cheaper in big city's and more expensive in remote locations.
0 link
Black Fleet Corp
Black Fleet Corp

10/13/2017
These are actually decent ideas, however the market is currently saturated. Too much interference with the economics of logistics and such would agitate the problem in my opinion. However, more attack events i could get behind. I'd love to see more corps have to spend more credits on military to stave off attacks from powerful adversaries like the MAK for example. Would also make war far more interesting in the coming days if every corp operating exclusively outside of Sol (like myself) eventually having the fight for their right to exist among the stars.

--
A mirror shows a true reflection of ones self, if you cant stand to look at yourself than neither can anyone else.
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

10/14/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Neerio wrote:
ill just go to war then wink

Try building and maintaining a decent military and see how long that cash lasts... please do start a war, it`s been way too quiet and my commanders are getting itchy trigger fingers smile
0 link
Neerio
Neerio

10/15/2017
Neerio
Neerio
haha now i am scared wink
0 link
Neerio
Neerio

10/15/2017
Neerio
Neerio
seriously i have no clue whats being considered a decent military.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/15/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Neerio wrote:
seriously i have no clue whats being considered a decent military.

There are so many unit types that its really more like, what KIND of military do you have? Early in the game there was a "China" guy who had a LOT of infantry and terminators. I mean like Level 10 corp and way past logistics kind of infantry

Infantry is very cheap so you can have tons and TONS of it. So many he could walk across theplanet and nuke cities and no one has enough firepower to stop him. you can try to counter Infantry with ships but thats a low firepower game where ships hit infantry for not much relative to price and infantry hit ships for almost nothing. Its like you need an armyof BOMBERS or maybe Armored and Artillery to stop all that infantry he had
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

10/16/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Dread is right, there is no right way to build military... it`s a bit of a chess game, it depends what you are fighting. I would recommend you look at the leaderboard for military then check the assets of the top ten to see what you are up against
0 link
Black Fleet Corp
Black Fleet Corp

10/16/2017
A decent military in my opinion is one that could at least nuke someone trying to nuke you. You dont to have the biggest and baddest, but outside sol everyone needs to have something in my opinion. S7 just got their ass kicked by the MAK until luna sent warp carriers to smash them. They were getting smashed for nearly 20 turns and had nothing to answer the call with, not even guns or city defenses

--
A mirror shows a true reflection of ones self, if you cant stand to look at yourself than neither can anyone else.
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

10/16/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
The MAK Mothership is a good gauge, most of the top ten could handle a lvl 10 mothership solo
0 link
Black Fleet Corp
Black Fleet Corp

10/17/2017
Indeed, i can hand a lower level MAK and Kaiju solo myself. I think everyone should own a military strong enough to hold their own Sovereign space. Here soon im planning to declare Panther I sovereign and make trade agreements with corps to build a trade hub. But still defend where they are working, more random events would make the universe a bit more dangerous to players. This would cause an increase in military and a decrease in overall profits. I dont think it should be this easy to hold space in my opinion

--
0 link
Black Fleet Corp
Black Fleet Corp

10/17/2017
It also forces players to form smaller guilds here and there in order to run there own city they would have to defend it,
In light of this i had another idea in fact, Making fleets and structures Guild property. Some anyways, like players in the guild would donate to the guild some of their overall profits, or end products etc.
Making the guild a political entity thats formed from allies and friends making a coalition. More player cooperation should encouraged

--
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/17/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
.... This weeks update, there is a "MAK Doomstar" unit being added. And eventualy a "MAK Invasion" system wide event. .That's all I'm saying....
0 link
Black Fleet Corp
Black Fleet Corp

10/18/2017
I am intrigued. How often will the MAK Doomstar appear?

--
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/18/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Be another event added to System wide events. They are chosen randomly. I don't have a "weighted" system on events which would make some be more common then others. I don't think there are any system wide attack events like Raiders and pirates. Those are planetary one. This would be a system scale event.

Events on System level happen about once every 3 days but it is random and can happen 100 turns after the last one or 5 days later, but those are extreme odds. WHICH event is chosen randomly
0 link
Black Fleet Corp
Black Fleet Corp

10/19/2017
Interesting, cant wait to see one spawn!

--
0 link