Major change to Spaceports Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/14/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Spaceports have been too powerful,not so much by themselves but when they stacked with each other. So I don't want to nerf them per se but make them more competitive with each other instead. It still can be profitable to have more then one in planet but its a lot less practical to have 3-4.

So the first change is that the production cost bonus they gave out no longer stack, it simply goes with the highest level port and give the 1-10 bonus based on their level.

The profits made on sells from the planet are now shared among all the spaceports if there is more than one. Your cut of the total available "trade profits" is based on your spaceports level multiplier (the "X" value). If there are two x10 spaceports they will split the available profits 50/50 but if there is a x10, another x10 and a x80 spaceport they will split the profits 10%/10%/80%, If a planet was generating 10mil a turn before it should still hand out about 10mil a turn but it will be split up amoung the ports and not multiple to become 40mil

I was considering making spaceports have an overcrowding sort of mechanic so a low level port at a high activity planet could only pull so much profit out of it and would need to up its level to pull more of the potential. I'm not sure if I'm going to implement that. Spaceports are difficult to balance because they ended up being something that only costs money and only generates money. It may have been better to make them a purely production cost boosting structure. We'll see how they turn out after this update.

The next things I want to work on are a toss up between Rulership Edicts that allow in game punishment of players, The Political Prestige / Renown (cant decide on a name) stat that increases your logistics cap and is gained from things like being a ruler and owning megastructures, I also am probably going to be scaling up and tweaking all the ships stats which means if you dont' want to suddenly be paying double for your fleets you will need to salvage half of them after that update.
0 link