Hostile Event Changes and City Expansion Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/3/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I was kind of on vacation for a week or 2 but I'm not working on development again.

The hostile events have been updated to act smarter and be a little more dangerous, these would be the Mothership, Raiders, Pirates, DarkStar events. The DarkStar Event is now active by the way. It is like a System Wide pirate event. So now these events don't attack suicide positions, they don't leave the base if it is severely damaged, Sometimes they don't raid, just attack, so your research and distribution centers may be hit occasionally, I launched a level 1 version of all 4 in Sol somewhere I ALMOST got a Doomstar Event in place, using the Kaiju event as a template, but that will have to wait till next week.. In the meantime, there may be a Doomstar heading towards Sol right now....

The City Expansion was changed which will abandon cities at low population, under 100k, regardless of industry or Corp HQs at the location. Previously if there was enough industry or a Corp HQ was there, the city would not collapse, this is no longer the case. Also, it takes 1000 industry at a location to spawn a new city and the minimum population on the planet required is 10mil per existing city. I want to make System expansion require a star lord and a vote int he future, we may see that come soon.

There are city based Megastructures in the works. There are actually a lot of megastructures in the works, but I hope to get city based ones out soon. There will be one for Population, Production and Military(defense). Hopefully Ill have details on what those end up being next week.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

12/7/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
Taking it out is a group effort and one ship as a reward is not very easy to devide between multiple people. So if you want to see how we do against it, it needs to be worth for every one participating.
+1 link