HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

#! Priority: FIX THE LAAAAAAG! Messages in this topic - RSS

EventHorizon
EventHorizon

12/6/2017
EventHorizon
EventHorizon
Seriously. I came to try this game out a few days ago. I think I like it, but damn it is practically unplayable a lot of the time because there is so much lag. That has to be your number 1 priority because no one is going to stick around to play this game if it takes ten minutes for a page to load (that is no exaggeration either, I have literally waited that long more times than I could count).

Probably the worst is trying to set up trade loops for units. Half the time I can't get any response from the website when I try to create new orders or even click on the "create new orders" link or even the "orders" tab. The browser doesn't show whether or not anything is loading so I have no idea if anything is happening. This becomes a huge problem when building a loop because when I click on "add new order" and nothing happens I can't help but think I need to click on it again and if often end up with multiple copies of the order on the list when there is finally a response from the website. And if the turn ends I have to go back to Assets page and start all over again. When it takes half an hour to build a single trade loop for a single unit, that game becomes an exercise in frustration rather than an enjoyable experience.
edited by EventHorizon on 12/6/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/7/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I hear you, there seems to be certain times of the day where the site slows down significantly. I'm not sure where it comes from.or when it really happens. I don't see it on the server. Normally it runs very quickly everywhere but sometimes its grinds for hours.

Also, if you are making changes during the turn flip, its going to do what you described, the turn flips in 10-15 seconds, sometimes up to a full minute at every 100nth turn. the site doesn't always respond with the "Game Turn Running" page and either case it will reset the page you are on between turn flips.

I suggest opening multiple tabs in the browser for things, Like leave your assets on one tab and right click a unit and open it in a new tab to work with it. Most of the site is designed for that. Its much faster to do this then to click around on one page constantly loading everything.

Not saying its an excuse, The site is overbuilt and needs an overhaul, but in the meantime things like this will help.
+1 link