Forum to discuss corporate politics and in-game events

31000 Monthly Economic Review Messages in this topic - RSS

NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork

12/14/2017
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork
Monthly Economic Review: 31000

GNN Economic Analysts have compiled recent data concerning the growth and economic state of the galaxy. This report also highlights one corporation a month, and highlights the strengths and focus of that business.

This report analyzes general galactic data, as well as highlights specific product categories that have high potential for earnings, or notes product markets that are being oversupplied at the moment.

The 31000 issue also includes information regarding local charters that affect how businesses conduct operations in specific systems. It is recommended that corporations contact local authorities when seeking to sell in a new system or planet.
0 link
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork

12/14/2017
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork
Population Data (Data only shown for systems with functioning economic environments)

System Populations:
- Sol: 127,957,756
- Luyten: 28,398,146
- Gulyaev: 26,624,441
- Centauri: 14,915,462
- Rigil: 14,208,595
- Gilliam: 6,536,895

5 most populated planets:
- Earth: 93,959,919
- Luyten VI: 22,228,579
- Mars: 19,904,671
- Gulyaev II: 14,327,753
- Rigil I: 13,469,178

5 largest cities:
- Rabat, Sol: 21,512,623
- Vallejo, Luyten: 19,862,329
- Sasha, Rigil: 9,433,313
- Erben, Sol: 8,667,329
- Oral, Sol: 7,066,272
0 link
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork

12/14/2017
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork
Demand Data (Demand levels show demand at the highest populated planet, as well as the peak demand location in the system with at least 200 volume):

System Overall Demand:
- Sol: 1.7m
- Luyten: 390k
- Gulyaev: 388k
- Centauri: 228k
- Rigil: 205k
- Gilliam: 98k

Sol:
High Demand Products:
- Fabrics: 327% demand on earth, up to 399% on Iapetus.
- Polymers: 325% demand on earth, up to 365% on Mars.
- Construction: 317% demand on earth, up to 352% on Mars.
- Electronics: 309% demand on earth, up to 399% on Iapetus.

Low Demand Products (Under 100%):
- Synthetics: 90% demand on earth, up to 200% on Titan, Rhea, and the Moon.

Gulyaev: (Demand on Gul II based on Ilias only)
High Demand Products:
- Gadgets: 380% demand on Gulyaev II, (Gulyaev II is Highest Demand)
- Infrastructure: 370% demand on Gulyaev II (Gulyaev II is Highest Demand)
- Furnishings: 335% demand on Gulyaev II, (Gulyaev II is Highest Demand)
- Recreation: 307% demand on Gulyaev II, (Gulyaev II is Highest Demand)

Low Demand Products (Under 100% in Ilias):
- Metals: 15% demand on Gulyaev II, up to 663% on Gulyaev IV.
- Crops: 21% demand on Gulyaev II, up to 505% on Gulyaev VII.
- Minerals: 29% demand on Gulyaev II, up to 715% on Gulyaev II.
- Chemicals: 63% demand on Gulyaev II, up to 663% on Gulyaev IV.
- Woods/Water: 69% demand on Gulyaev II, up to 663% on Gulyaev IV.

Luyten: (Demand in Luyten VI based on Vallejo only)
High Demand Products:
- Gadgets: 432% demand on Luyten VI ( Luyten VI is Highest Demand)
- Civilian Services: 408% demand on Luyten VI ( Luyten VI is Highest Demand)
- Construction: 384% demand on Luyten VI ( Luyten VI is Highest Demand)
- Synthetics: 355% demand on Luyten VI ( Luyten VI is Highest Demand)

- Chemicals: 10% demand on Luyten VI, up to 548% on Luyten II.
- Minerals: 10% demand on Luyten VI, up to 603% on Luyten V.
- Meats: 43% demand on Luyten VI, up to 362% on Luyten VI (Entire Planet Avg)
- Woods/Water: 45% demand on Luyten VI, up to 325% on Luyten II.

Centauri:
High Demand Products:
- Ceramics: 390% demand on Centauri VI, (Centauri VI is Highest Demand)
- Electronics: 363% demand on Centauri VI, (Centauri VI is Highest Demand)
- Construction: 337% demand on Centauri VI (Centauri VI is Highest Demand)
- Public Services: 356% demand on Centauri VI (Centauri VI is Highest Demand)

- Woods/Water: 12% demand on Luyten VI, up to 714% on Luyten XI.

Gilliam:
High Demand Products:
- Electronics: 378% demand on Gilliam IV (Gilliam IV is Highest Demand)
- Alloys: 376% demand on Gilliam IV (Gilliam IV is Highest Demand)
- Ceramics: 346% demand on Gilliam IV (Gilliam IV is Highest Demand)
- Fabrics: 310% demand on Gilliam IV (Gilliam IV is Highest Demand)

- Metals: 93% demand on Gilliam IV (Gilliam IV is Highest Demand)
- Minerals: 96% demand on Gilliam IV (Gilliam IV is Highest Demand)

Rigil:
High Demand Products:
- Construction: 431% demand on Rigil I (Rigil I is Highest Demand)
- Power Cells: 411% demand on Rigil I (Rigil I is Highest Demand)
- Electronics: 351% demand on Rigil I (Rigil I is Highest Demand)
- Industrial Goods: 271% demand on Rigil I, (Rigil I is Highest Demand)

- Crops: 27% demand on Rigil I, up to 566% on Rigil VII.
- Woods/Water: 30% demand on Rigil I, up to 759% on Rigil VII.
- Meats: 52% demand on Rigil I, up to 804% on Rigil III.
- Minerals: 70% demand on Rigil I, (Rigil I is Highest Demand)

- Metals: 93% demand on Rigil I, (Rigil I is Highest Demand)
+2 link
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork

12/15/2017
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork
System Analysis

Sol
Note: The most populated system has received a setback in inter-system trade, as the warp gate located at the moon has been destroyed. Plans exist to deploy a new warp gate near Earth in the near future. Corporations engaging in intersystem trade are asked to reroute to the gates at Io and Mars until a new gate is functional.

Sol remains the strongest business environment in the galaxy, providing a strong population base on earth to sell large quantities of goods at fair prices. High demand products on Earth are a great opportunity to make large profits. Components such as Fabrics, Polymers, Construction, and Electronics all offer prices in excess of 1000/unit. Synthetics is the only product in low demand as it continues to be oversupplied on the planet.

In addition to Earth, the settlement on Mars has continued to gain momentum, providing an excellent secondary market outside of Earth. The planet has strict regulations on buying goods from cities, and restrictions also exist concerning who can supply civilian services to certain cities on the planet. Traders and those who look to supply civilian services should seek business elsewhere.

Prospective sellers should also keep their eyes on Mercury, which is currently experiencing growth, and appears poised to become another great market outside of Earth.

Luyten
The second most populated system, Luyten, is also home to the second largest city in the galaxy. Approximately 70% of the system population resides in this great city, Vallejo. This city is price controlled and features a closed market, with unauthorized corporations only able to sell when products exceed certain demand levels. The city has even tighter restrictions in Civil Services and purchasing of goods.

Outside of Vallejo, only two cities exist with a population in excess of 1 million. The Luyten system currently provides little opportunity for profit to outside corporations. If approval is obtained to sell in the city of Vallejo, it can be a profitable venture, but corporations who hold monopolies on products make it a difficult market to break into. Unauthorized corporations are advised to seek business elsewhere.

Gulyaev
The home of ARK group, Gul has seen perhaps the sharpest decline in population in the wake of the new rules instituted by the Terran Federation. Several smaller cities have been abandoned as they failed to meet the industry requirements to keep them incorporated. This decline in population across the system should not be equated to a weakening of the market however, as the system still boasts 8 cities with a population of over 1 million people.

Gulyaev remains the greatest overall selling environment outside of Sol. Corporations looking to sell or move industry to this system should first consult the System Charter and familiarize themselves with the laws and regulations there. Prospective sellers should also check charters for individual cities, as restrictions can vary from city to city.

Centauri
Centauri has small settlements scattered across the system, but Centauri VI is the only planet with a significant population, in excess of 10 million. The planet features 4 cities, which provides a decent opportunity to sell products at a moderate volume. Outside of Centauri VI, few opportunities exist.

The future of the system is somewhat unclear, as no corporations currently hold ruling titles on any planet, and several once settled planets are now nearly disserted. Titan Industrial maintains a strong presence in the system; the continued presence of this corporation appears to keep the system from collapsing. Corporations are certainly welcome to sell in this system and settle industry here; however caution and careful planning should be taken before starting up significant industry in this system.

Rigil
The planet of Rigil I appears to be the next great market forcing its way into the system. A few corporations have committed large quantities of assets and industry to the planet, with strong population growth coming as a result of this. The planet features only two cities, but holds a combined population of nearly 14 million. No significant cities currently exist on other planets. With continued growth and investment, this system could develop into the strongest market outside of Sol.

Corporations looking to serve this market will find certain end products and components in very high demand. This can make for very profitable sales for corporations. Raw materials provide little opportunity for profit at the moment. Both cities feature restrictions on buying products as well as a closed monopoly on civilian services.

Gilliam
Isolated in Sector 7, this system features 1 significant city, with a population of 6 million. This environment provides unique opportunities and challenges that cannot be found in Sector 1. Corporations located here are committed and determined, but also open and welcoming to newcomers. This system provides opportunity for those who seek to escape the more competitive markets in Sol.

With the nearby Yrsa system seeing marginal growth, Sector 7 remains as a settlement project, and does not boast a strong selling environment. Corporations relocating to this system should contact local corporations to avoid an overcrowding of product supply. Corporations not relocating to Sector 7 should seek the more lucrative profits within Sector 1.
+2 link
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork

12/15/2017
NewsNetwork
NewsNetwork
Corporation Highlight: Megacoso Corp

One of the older corporations in the galaxy, Megacoso was incorporated just after turn 6000, and is nearing its 25,000th turn of existence. The company has attained a net worth of 31.5 billion, and is ranked #8 in the Terran Federation Net Worth Leaderboard.

Megacoso is a principle member in the Mars colonization project, which has seen great success. Megacoso holds significant assets on Mars, also throughout the Sol system; this investment in physical assets is a primary contributor to their work in building the second most populated planet in Sol and third overall in the galaxy.

The city of Erben, the largest on Mars and 4th most populated in the galaxy, is ruled by Megacoso. The corporation also maintains the warp gate over Mars, which is a crucial part to its growth as a major planet on the galactic stage. Megacoso has provided leadership and stability that has helped build a key part of the Sol market.

The economic impact of this corporation is not their only contribution however. The corporation boasts the 8th largest military in the galaxy, and has played part in significant defensive operations throughout the Sol system.

Corporations such as Megacoso have been key to the strengthening and continued development of the galaxy. Other business would do well to learn from and follow their example.
+1 link