HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

How does one actually apply to join a Guild? Messages in this topic - RSS

TraderVic
TraderVic

12/19/2017
TraderVic
TraderVic
Is there an Apply button, or a Join Button that a player can click/tap to apply or automatically join?

Or does one have to message the Guild leader somehow?
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

12/19/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
You can only join if you received an invite. So yes, you ll need to message the guild leader or a recruiter if you wish to join.
0 link
TraderVic
TraderVic

12/19/2017
TraderVic
TraderVic
Okay, So how does one find out who the recruiters for a particular guild are?
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

12/19/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
Open the guild in the guild list and have a look at the ranks of the members. There are Guildmasters, Recruiters and Members.
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
How do you contact a recruiter? When I tried to send a Private Message to several recruiters all I got was -

Multiple names match that search. Please select one.
* No corporation found. Try a different search term. *
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

4/17/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
You should just be able to search for their name in the Send To box.
If you were trying to select multiple recipients on a single message, you can't. Just one per PM
If you got that error searching for a single recipient, then you probably didn't enter enough of the corp name before hitting search.

If neither of those are the case, it might be a bug. Post who you were trying to contact and some of us can try to confirm.
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
No, on the Comms tab, Private Messages, entering a single name at a time. After getting the recruiter names for Epoch, I first tried to message Jamers, got the above error message. Then I tried to message nynobernie. Got the above error message. I did not try to message Epoch or click on the Entire Guild button
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
See there is your problem you tried contacting epoch.. lol, jk guys. Anyhow the key thing is for you to grow, you do not need a guild for that. A lot of us want young corps to grow and will help out regardless of affiliation. Just focus on growing

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
That's fine. No problem there. But there's still the issue of not being able to send a message to two players.. I would like to know why that doesn't work.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
You can only send 1 person a message at a time unless you are in a guild and sending it guild wide which would make it a private comm thread.

To send the message you type the name of the corp and click search to make sure it is being sent to the proper corp (and it makes the game run a query to search for the corp)
Than type the message

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
If you read above, I already stated I sent to 1 at a time to the listed recruiters, I put Epoch in and clicked search and nothing happens. I can't even send a message to myself, telling me multiple names found, and no corps listing.If it wasn't so stupid it would be funny. "Multiple names match that search. Please select one." And no names appear..
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Oooh. Okay you can't search for a guild in the private message. For example type in Seren and click search. It will pop up with serendipity, the dev. If you type in Safehold. It will pop up with my corp.

--
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Also what browser are you using, idk if that makes a difference or not. But I am on mobile using chrome and I just tried a private message and typed in a few letters and it gave me a list of 10 corps to select from. If you can get on discord tomorrow I can send you pics of what my screen looks like

--
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

4/17/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
The problem is you're searching by player name.
That's not really used for anything in-game.
Search by the corporation name
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
Ding! Wreith42 won the cupie doll. Thanks. ChaCha was a close second though..
0 link
DerSandmann
DerSandmann

4/18/2018
DerSandmann
DerSandmann
Just for clarification, Epoch is an abandoned guild. I don't think any of the guys are active anymore but the game doesn't have an auto-delete feature for guilds.

EDIT: I am Megacoso Corp in-game, I used to be in Epoch a while ago.
edited by DerSandmann on 4/18/2018
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

4/18/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
RIP Epoch. Long live our ARK overlords.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/18/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Now now, we at ARK were saddened to see epoch go.. but as sure as the sun sets on earth, ARK will persevere

--
0 link