Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Merry Christmas!

This weeks big update is City Megastructures. I'm testing these this week but you are free to try them out. No guarantee they won't change are be tweaked by next week though!. Similar to Orbital Megastructures these are deployed into cities only. One per city only. Corp with Highest standing Military Power at location is the only one allowed to deploy one. They are deployed from the same Item "(MCP) Megastructure, which is built at your Corp HQ. You can choose between the 3 mega-structures when deploying. Your Corp HQ cannot build one directly yet. One is Pop booster, one is production reducer, and one is a military defense unit. Their stats are onthe guide combat page.

Arcology – A very large self-enclosed mega-skyscraper that contains everything a human being could ever need. Archologies can span several city blocks and their presence provides a city-wide boost to population growth. The boost is 1% per level of the Arcology to the max of 10%.

Hypernet Tower – Obelisk shaped tower which acts a central hub for Hypernet communications and worker drone control across the entire city, lowering production costs for all structures in the location. The production cost bonus is 1% per level of the Hypernet Tower to the max of 10%.

Mobile Fortress – Skyscraper-sized walking firebases. The mobile fortress is confined to the city they were created and act as a formidable defense. They are treated like any other defensive structure and the owning corp must have other regular units on Guard mode in order to bring the mobile fortress in to defend against attacks targeted at other corporations.

Other fixes:

• Deploying artifact from a group or fleet was burning the artifact but giving cannot deploy message. This SHOULD be fixed, I couldn't replicate the problem but I think I put in a couple missing safeties to prevent it.
  • Raiding a stack of product with no enemy units does not give defender a combat message, now it does.
  • Raiding effectiveness is supposes to scale based off of the relative power of both sides, it wasn't counting defending units in guard mode. It does now.
  • Storage costs for your product is not half price when stored at your Corp HQ location. Product on ships as cargo never costs anything.
  • Comms messages have a 1000 character remaining display that stops your text when hitting 1000. (that only took a year to implement)
  • You can now remove artifacts from units. On the More Info Tab of the unit there is a remove icon for your artifacts at the bottom. Artifacts removed in this way are destroyed with no salvage!
  • Distribution centers now display prices on their buy sell grid. Editing one of those products will still highlight the same product int he "Available at Location" grid directly below (but that wasn't good enough apparently!)
  • On some grids that displayed units, the artifacts they carried were not displaying in the notes, they should now.
  • ACP items were renames slightly to be ACP , MCP, OCP, PCP, SCP, for Automatic, Megastructure, Orbital, Planetary, Solar respectively. Planetary and Solar Megastructures not available yet.
    Some Icons and images were updated.
  • Population damage on Combat was displaying wrong, it is 10% of Attackers Power used in battle, previously it was displaying the full power as damage.

I'm want to bring out Planetary megastructures next week if I can, Solar one might have to wait as it works differently. I'm also trying to get the Doomstar Invasion event working. I'm looking into a "Mass Update" screen that allows you to mass edit your units orders with Find and Replace style tools. Structures also to change production or Buy/Sells. Other ideas I'm starting to work on include Space debris and deep space locations that you can send ships to explore and initiate new dynamic quests which will give out new types of unit rewards.
edited by DrDread on 12/26/2017
+2 link
Maharava
Maharava

12/26/2017
Maharava
Maharava
"
  • Storage costs for your product is not half price when stored at your Corp HQ location. Product on ships as cargo never costs anything."

Do you mean 'now' or not is correct?

Great work Seren, we don't deserve you Big Grin
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

12/26/2017
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
"Artifacts removed in this way are destroyed with no salvage!"
I agree with this decision.

"Population damage on Combat was displaying wrong, it is 10% of Attackers Power used in battle, previously it was displaying the full power as damage. "
What if instead the difference in Attacker power and Defender power (multiplied by 10%) would be the population loss?
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

12/27/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
LunaMoth wrote:

"Population damage on Combat was displaying wrong, it is 10% of Attackers Power used in battle, previously it was displaying the full power as damage. "
What if instead the difference in Attacker power and Defender power (multiplied by 10%) would be the population loss?

Great idea, this way you could prevent suicide attacks that just target the population.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/27/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
nynobernie wrote:
LunaMoth wrote:

Great idea, this way you could prevent suicide attacks that just target the population.

That would mean when 2 mil power Doomstar attacks a 2 mil power defense for 10 rounds in a city... No population damage would occur. That's not what happens in Independence Day!

How about we do essentially the reverse. If the attacker has less power then the defenders, then less population damage occurs on the same scale. Half the attacking power of the defenders means half the normal pop damage. Once you have matching power or more, the full pop damage will take effect.
+1 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

12/27/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
Well in Independence Day the defenders power was much less than the attackers, hence the population loss.

Less pop loss if the attacker is weaker than the defender sounds like a good start to me.
0 link