HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Making some fundamental changes to the products Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/30/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I am considering making some changes to the products value which might shake the game a little bit.

There used to be a time where all products were valued the same, but the higher tier factories would produce more of them, thats why they were more profitable. I don't recall the argument to change that, might have revolved around civilian services, but in the end we instead made them produce the same but made the higher tier products themselves worth more. This kind of broke the game in a couple places because there are a LOT more end products then components and more comps then raw material products. The game was expecting 3-5x increase in quantity of End products over the raw materials to supply the 5x volume of the entire end product category. Now that is no longer the case, it takes 5x as many players to produce enough end product to meet demand.

I don't think we can revert back to the more quantity version of the game but what I might be able to do is adjust the demand increase rate for the different tiers or perhaps it would be less confusing if I dropped the VOLUME on the higher tier products. This would effectively be the same as increasing the quantity produced. Corps would be able to meet the demand of End Products because the volume is much lower then before. You also wouldn't be able to buy/sell as much in high tier products either.

There is also another issue, the tier product value used to be something like 100, 250, 500, 750. And then it was upped to 100,325, 750, 1000. On the complaint that you can't buy lower tier materials to make higher tier products. This also kind of breaks the game. The game was designed so that Raw materials is something you can always get steady sells in, moving up tiers is more profitable ONLY IF you can get a good infrastructure of cheap materials or deal with another corp who was specialized in it. making all end products was impossible unless you were dealing with other corps But by making the products so much more valuable we've made End products the best tier to go straight to, its better in every way then trying to make money in Raw materials for example. We also upped the corp HQ production bonus to 50 a while back and we've added megastructure bonuses on top of that. These bonuses are too large, they multiply on each other when you are making raw mats, and comps and then end product in the same place.

So...
I want to bring the values of products down to 100,250,500,750 again. And I also am considering lowering the Corp HQ and level bonuses as I bring in the megastructure bonuses so you don't walk in on +100 production bonus in every city,. And lastly. I want to tweak the volume on Components and End Products to be maybe 0.75x and 0.5x of what they are now and see how that goes.. I'm not sure about civilian services, maybe keep the same.

I want to give like a week notice on doing this,so it might be something I push next week. I still would like to hear thoughts on this,outside of "OMG my INFASTRUCTURE!1111"
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

12/30/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
As long as my logistics cap can increase when you do this I can live with it and make it work. These caps are killing my sustainable profits

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
+1 link