HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Rulership titles idea Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/3/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
This is just an idea for rulers to give "titles" to other corps that can do certain things.

Rulers of a city planet or system can assign titles to other corps.
One can be a Minister of War which provides perhaps a logistic bonus? Or just prestige (which will probably translate into log bonus) and also the ability to control and manage that city/planet/systems "fleet" which is a single group or fleet attached to the location and has either zero or very low upkeep costs to it. Not sure exactly how we build more units into it, perhaps at a lower cost also. Maybe its automatic based on city population, Random units based on scope and population re-spawns when annihilated slowly. Like Terran Fed units. So there is no mingling with your own finances per say, Just a special Fleet/Group that you cant "manage" (break apart salvage etc) but you can control and give orders to.

The other title can be Minister of Business (working title). That title gives you the ability to give a production bonus to certain industries. Maybe like 3 bonuses, a big one a small one and a little one, or perhaps one of them is a negative. Gives your City/planet/System some flavor. They would stack across the 3 scopes.

The actual ruler would have either similar powers or stick with the money income alone. And I think these titles could be given to free accounts where as the ruler position itself still requires a paid account. Might require your Corp HQ to be at location (or on planet, system) to be assigned these titles. These titles would also come with Prestige stat.
+1 link
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr

1/3/2018
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr
I really like this idea. It gives more meaning to be elected and this could be used in a lot of ways in the future. Get a title, get some bonus. Easy to make new ones as ideas come up and it would add a lot of flavor to the political side of the game.
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

1/4/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
I really like this also.

Should these titles be included on the city level? With the current player base and the number of cities with rulers, there would be a crap-ton of titles floating around. Like say on Rigil, we have 3 corporations there. We would have titles for the planet, plus additional titles for our 3 cities. There's only 3 players for all of these titles. That seems to cheapen them a bit.

What if they were only for Emperors and Star Lords? That makes those higher positions much more meaningful. This would create some real reasons to work towards having emperors and star lords. Right now having an emperor on Rigil doesn't really mean much for me, besides the fact that it gives the system a bit more legitimacy. If he was handing out titles, I would care a whole lot more.

Or I suppose different rulership levels give access to different quantities of titles. Perhaps cities don't need a minister of war, but would have a city manager. Star Lords would have numerous titles that they can bestow.

I also like the idea of having a generic fleet that can be controlled. Adds another layer of value to having emperors or star lords. Once again, would cities need this power, or just give it to the star lords and emperors?

Just throwing thoughts out there.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Jamers
Jamers

1/5/2018
Jamers
Jamers
I like this idea!
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

1/6/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
I really like this idea too, but as CaptCommanche said we don`t want to cheapen them by having too many
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

1/11/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
Out of curiosity, would it be possible for the ruler income to go to a separate pool? perhaps tied to the position rather than the corporation.
Those funds could be controlled by the ruler and:
taken for themselves
given as wages to those given the suggested titles
used to purchase no-upkeep, location-only defenses
used to "sell" resources to the city rather than/in addition to using personal funds.in order to manage demand. This could also lead to cities being able to accept sell contracts though it might force the seller to deliver.

I feel like this would necessitate a different boost for the ruler than just monetary (which really isn't that much at city level anyway)

It would also make leadership transitions more interesting given the instant gain/loss of a potentially large pool of resources.
And as I type I realize you would need to freeze funds or at least prevent them being being taken by the current ruler during an election lol
0 link