Galactic Gore Games 1 Messages in this topic - RSS

rod7512
rod7512

1/23/2018
rod7512
rod7512
Galactic Gore Games 1 "GGG"

"Dog Fight at the Dog Star"

EPOCH and Ark have been discussing this event for a couple months and now we are proud to announce the first ever Galactic Gore Games. I was getting ready to announce the opening of registration the end of last week but the Liason Federation announced their Dog Fight at the Dog Star and after talking with them, they have graciously offered to host the games and allow us to coordinate the games. We thank you Liason for your hospitality in advance.

The general idea is to make a small military force that should not be too much of a financial burden that is specifically for the "GGG" and remember that when units are destroyed they are automatically salvaged for half of their value. If you need help constructing an army, attach what you want made in your application and I will get back to you with a price for building your army. This will include a profit for the corp who builds for you of 5%-25% of the total value of what they are building for you depending on your corp size and financial situation as determined by me and the supplying corp.

The following is a breakdown of the games for this event. The hope is that more events will have different regulations to give experience in many different situations and have a nice prize for winners. This is meant to be an event of equal playing field for all so new players can learn the battle mechanics and veterans can sharpen their tactical strategies.

16 corporations will battle it out in 4 rounds of 1-v-1 battles for first, second, and third prize.

Prizes are as follows:
1st - AX Mysterious and $200 million
2nd - A5 Mysterious and $100 million
3rd prize - choice of 1 of 3 products/materials packages.

25 mill entry fee and 100 mill split between prize suppliers and police force.

Details:
-Battles will begin Monday Feb. 5 (Specific Game Turn will be announced closer to event date) and you will have 100 turns to have your battle take place. Registration will close 100 turns before the first Battle period is open.

-You will be given the name of your opposing Corp along with a specific coordinate that will be shared with your opponent. Set your orders to attack that specific corporation so nobody else passing through will get attacked on error. (Attack orders should be set to single corporation and should set at a cancel threshold of 20% HP remaining to save a little bit of “unnecessary damage” because a clear winner should be determined by then.)

-After the first round the victors will move on to round 2 and have 144 turns (1 day) to prepare for round 2. (This allows for repairing of damaged units and rebuilding of lost ones. Remember your military composition should be the same throughout the competition. You can only rebuild the same units that were lost not different ones.)

-After round 2 the semi-finals will take place (Round 3) this round will have the same rules but the winners of this round will face each other in Round 4 for the finals and the losers will battle for 3rd place. So the last 2 rounds (rounds 3 and 4) all four corporations will be in both rounds fighting 2 different corps.

Event Requirements:
-Battle will take place over land for the first event.

-No artifacts or artifacts units of any kind.

-The total army size can be up to size 50 no larger, and can be a mix and match of whatever you like of ships and ground units. (Whatever army composition you use from the beginning must be the same army composition throughout the whole competition.)

-Designate your fleet in your assets as “GGG” and I will coordinate with the policing forces that your fleet is acceptable. (If you will not be including your carrier in your fleet during battles but need it to transport your units to Sirius just note that in your application)

-Payments go to GNN in the form of selling water contracts and they will organize monetary winnings in the same fashion.

Event Notes:
-The Sirius system will be closely monitored for size regulations and any fleets outside of those parameters will be met by force. The policing corporations along with the corporations who call Sirius their home will be the only corporations allowed to have fleets bigger then the specified size limit unless given permission by the policing force. (Policing corporations fleets will be named before hand)

-Applications should be sent in the forums under the GGG applications thread. (Please respond in this thread only with applications to help with organization on my part.)
-Include the following in your application:
-In game corp name
-An estimated time of when your fleet will be ready or if it is ready already so I may confirm if it meets the requirements
-List of units/ships you want built if you need help building your army

-After posting your application please make a contract for 1 water to be bought from GNN at Mexico City for 25 million and this will be your entry fee.

-If the entry fee is an issue for you please contact me. Please do not let the entry fee be the reason you cannot participate. PM me in game or message me in Discord and we can work something out.

Feel free to comment below with feedback on this event.
0 link
Jamers
Jamers

1/23/2018
Jamers
Jamers
It is great this is finally happening! My name is Infinity Inc and I would love to enter. I have a bomber, Varitek, battle suit, and commando I would like to enter (all lvl 10). I would need a way to transport them though, I traded my Monolith. As soon as I find a get a way to transport them I will be ready.
0 link
rod7512
rod7512

1/23/2018
rod7512
rod7512
Reminder that you only need to submit what you are building for the games if you need it built for you. Also, you need to submit your application under the Application thread here:
http://forum.baronsofthegalaxy.com/topic2899-galactic-gore-games-application-thread.aspx

Also, you fleet must be a total of size 50 so a lvl 10 anything is already too big. Not sure what a commando would do for a purely army vs army fight? They are specialized for structures. Just a freindly suggstion wink
0 link
rod7512
rod7512

1/23/2018
rod7512
rod7512
I am Cross Gen in game by the way, I didn't realize my name was different in the forums. Its been a while since I posted.
0 link
rod7512
rod7512

1/23/2018
rod7512
rod7512
Amendments to the rules.

As a carrier is size 60 and already over the size limit they will not be counted in the size of your fleet that is allowed. So you can have a size 50 army on top of 1 carrier.
0 link
rod7512
rod7512

1/23/2018
rod7512
rod7512
Sorry I’m going to rescind this amendment as adding the carrier changes the fight too drastically from the origal intent. A carrier can be used to drop troops off but may not be used in the fight. So original rules apply to the fight.

Also, you must set your orders in the square of your attack and you cannot move until a winner is determined. This is to limit the cat and mouse game that takes place when units are on the run.
0 link