HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Combat problems Messages in this topic - RSS

Genecho
Genecho

2/9/2018
Genecho
Genecho
OK Seren, you do not like the Monolith loaded with MVK´s its not the best set up for a lot of things, but it is effective if not expensive.
Motherships is an example i´d like to use.
For a first wave monolith MVK works great for dealing with the drones.
after Dreads and bombers HB´s are best, but how to get the bombers/HB´s into combat?
Loaded on a carrier, the carrier takes too much damage.
I cant make a group/fleet of bombers and load it on another unit.
i either have to load them, off load them, then either create a new group/fleet them move them in or give individual commands to each unit.
and thats if im only controlling my own units without following units.
Allow grouped units/fleets to be loaded on carriers etc make carriers able to actually stand in a fight or give other units a better option to carry units.
Right now it just does not work.
i´d like to see something improved here if possiable please.
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

2/10/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Allowing grouped units into a hanger was discussed a long long time ago, i agree it would be great but seren had a technical reason why that would be a headache to implement, he would have to explain it himself... as for the motherships, i leave my bombers in a carrier until the drones and most of the cruisers are down before i bring them in, the carriers can handle it from there, do you have hp upgrades on yours?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/14/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We can adjust the size of the carriers so they aren't taking so much fire but you have to realize what you're trying to do goes against the entire Size mechanic. If the majority of your attacking force is Carriers filled with bombers,then they are going to take the majority of the fire. Its the equivalent of not having any "tanks" on a World of Warcraft Raid because everyone is trying to use mostly mages and thieves because they do the most damage. It wont work, they will get annihilated UNLESS you outnumber the other side dramatically. High fire power low HP units work better when you have them outnumbered and work much worse when you don't in every game.

Don't use so many, balance it against the rest of your attacking force. Bring in mostly Infantry and some bombers or something. Bring in more fodder to draw fire so you can bring in more bombers to actually do damage.
0 link
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr

2/16/2018
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr
Just saying, in the fleet I am building, this is why I have two battleships. Draw out the fire of the enemy and they can tank it. Protects my carriers and commandos that are taking out the base. But I also mix in Cruisers and Destroyers to get my damage up across multiple enemy unit types.
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

2/18/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Alternatively, you can have each member in your guild specialize in certain units and be called upon to battles accordingly. One strategy is to have one or two guild members have a large hanger monoliths (650k) with each carrying 14 normal Variteks (1260k). Normal Variteks are much more effective at absorbing damage from MAK drones than a group of modified Variteks because the costs become too high with the latter. A modified Varitek is really only good at dealing heavy damage against Fighters and Bombers--with greater potential to destroy Ace and Heavy units in 1 turn. In addition to this, another member of your guild could have a large hanger monolith (650k) carrying 14 Heavy Bombers (1750k). With good coordination, the group of three can easily deal with MAK Motherships or MAK Doomstars.

Dread: For higher level events, it might be a good idea to include MAK Gunships.
edited by LunaMoth on 2/18/2018
0 link