HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Shipyards Messages in this topic - RSS

metoneca
metoneca

2/20/2018
metoneca
metoneca
When i have builded my first Freighter, i noticed that i can't pick up stuff if i don't have a Shipyard at that place. So i builded them on every place where i'm active. When the first Kaiju appeared at Earth (since i'm playing) i started upgrading the Shipyards at every place. Now i'm wondering (when reading the Guide about Combat values) if the upgraded Shipyards makes any real sense about defense. Should them only be upgraded where i wanted to be able to build ships? Prolly the same counts for Military bases.
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

2/20/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
You should be able to pick up products anywhere. You don't have to have a shipyard at every location you pickup from.
Shipyards are not worth much on defense. Military bases are better, but still not worth as much as other ground defenses. Ships and Military Units are best simply because they can be used other places.

So yeah, it's not worth having a shipyard anywhere but where you intend to build ships.
0 link
metoneca
metoneca

2/21/2018
metoneca
metoneca
Hm, maybe there was a problem when i tried to first pickup some stuff into the Freighter and that's why i thought it's due to the missing shipyard at that place.

Thank you!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/21/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Making defenses against a Kaiju is impractical. You don't have enough time to build up any actually defenses to react to an attack. It might help if you already had some defenses everywhere you have structures though. They are much more "value" than units for the money and you will inevitably get attacked by NPC pirates or raiders and SOME defenses will prevent your structures from taking the brunt of the damage and being destroyed even if you don't kill the attackers. Fortifications are good for that, just to take damage, but some real defenses can actually return real fire. Also the AI on attacking Pirates takes the military defenses into account when choosing a target. High production, no defense locations will get attacked more often.
0 link
metoneca
metoneca

2/22/2018
metoneca
metoneca
Thank you.

When i started to play, i worked myself thru the Tutorial (btw, a very well done and helpful one for Newbies, Thumbs up). At the last section i had read about the Raiders, so i started to build two Fortifications and Infantry at every place where i'm active, later Military bases and Shipyards. But when i had read about the first Kaiju (and were reading some Battle Reports regarding Raiders), i were in heavy doubt that my actual defense would be enough. Thought i had to do a bit more. But well, at the end it's that what makes games interesting too, learning. Anyway, it's getting too offtopic now.
0 link