HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Kaiju Upgrade Messages in this topic - RSS

KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala

4/4/2018
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala
Simple suggestion.. the Kaiju seem very weak compared to similarly leveled Pirates or Machines. I think they need a buff. Furthermore, we need more of them! With the advanced warning, which we don't get with the other spawns, it would give us time to prepare for them and make them more exciting
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

4/4/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
I feel like they seem weak because the damage types they do are more geared toward ground combat and we use ships to respond.
Maybe change Grisgaru to attack like a Varitek.
And somehow increase its speed at reaching its target city so the ground damage it does is more of a threat. Either decrease spawn radius from the target or don't have the 3 turns at starting location. Could also increase movement speed, but I feel like that would be less well received.

Another option would be to give a range from a coordinate instead of the actual spawn location. Like within 3 spaces of 12:12
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/4/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I havn't looked closely but from what I gather, most of the damage is done by dropping the weakness resource on it? Or is that not the case. If it is the case then I can reduce the damage done my resource dropping to 1 hit per 10 qty instead of 1 for 1. That would make it not a profitable way to killl it but away to kill it =)

I can also make the Flying Kaiju attack as a Destroyer and not a fighter, that might change the game
edited by DrDread on 4/4/2018
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

4/4/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
Resources haven't been used on the ones spawning in Sirius as yet.
The last big one to spawn on earth was primarily damaged by resources, but that was because it actually spawned in a city where they were stored. It wasn't intentional.
I think The combined fleets that normally respond to events would have handled it without the resources.

Changing the flying Kaiju as described might alleviate this somewhat, yes.
0 link
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala

4/4/2018
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala
They never last long enough for the resource mechanic to really play itself out. Every Kaiju for the past month or so has died the same turn it spawned. The warning (which is good) gives us time to position exactly where needed and take them out without much challenge.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/5/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I think the difficulty needs to be increased as well as the bounty for them. For the one real threat that goes after cities they should make players worried and should have a high value reward

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala

4/13/2018
KarmicKoala
KarmicKoala
The Kaiju seemed to have disappeared... I am still advocating for greater quantities of increased difficulty Kaiju.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/16/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Their level is based on the population is why you are seeing level 1-4 ones. Its risky to change that. Although I can make it more of a possibility to spawn a bigger one sometimes.
0 link