HomePolitics and Events

Forum to discuss corporate politics and in-game events

Voyage to the Center of the Milky Way Galaxy Messages in this topic - RSS

LunaMoth
LunaMoth

4/15/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
A few thousand turns ago, Luna Moth Industries initiated the first ever voyage to the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. The purpose of the voyage was to see what was at the galaxy's center. In addition, observations of territories outside the Alpha Quadrant (perhaps a "Beta" Quadrant) would be documented. Information collected is transmitted back to the research facilities in Alpha. Details of the voyage are listed below.

Ship Specifications
Type: Zenith Hypercraft "Wasp"
Crew: 2
Movement: 186 ((32+30)*3)
Original Ship Discoverer: Echos Echo
Movement Enhancements: Luna Moth Industries' "Bookshelf" research group

Voyage Information
Destination: "Center of Milky Way Galaxy" (122070312 : 122070312)
Departure: Warp Gate lvl 7 "Door of Night" (122067817 : 190428507); launched at 7626 (186x41) movement (one way) a few hundred turns before 40000.
Difference in coordinates: (2495 : 68358195)
Estimated Duration of Voyage: 8965 Game Turns / 89650 Earth minutes / ~1494.17 Earth hours / ~62.26 Earth days
Estimated Time of Arrival: Game Turn 48630

Received Information
Game Turn Status: 48642 (8965+ of 8965); 0 remaining.
Notable Observations: None!
edited by LunaMoth on 4/20/2018

--

Breaking News Update
Game Turn Status: 51025
Notable Observations: After investigating the void at the center of the galaxy for nearly 3000 game turns, the crew of the Wasp has discovered a never before seen ship that they've nicknamed "Sparrow" to commemorate their love and devotion to exploration. The new ship is similar to a standard scout ship but has a strange modification that enables it to perform at levels beyond what any other ship in Earth's known history is able to achieve! In particular, they noted that it is the fastest ship (without warp assist) ever recorded with a movement of 250. They're not sure what the ship's origin is but they have been able to communicate with the crew of Sparrow and have found that they are not aligned with any Raider faction, Machines, or the dreaded Dark Star Empire. They say they were sent on a similar mission to explore the galaxy. Wherever they are from, they clearly have more advanced technologies than any currently available Earth-based technology (and they also appear to be friendly). A word of caution to those back home: They may be watching you.
edited by LunaMoth on 5/6/2018
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/16/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Are you saying I only have like 6 weeks to get Exploration into the game so you might actually find something in the center of the galaxy? =)

I've been working on that lately
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

4/16/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Good to see you are still around Luna... 6 weeks is plenty of time Dread smile
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

4/16/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
6 weeks? It'll be there in less than 500 Game Turns (<4 days). Does that mean you plan to pause the game? 🤔
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/19/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Not much is going to happen in 2-3 days, although I might be able to push an update this weekend that has **mysterious disruption in comms signal*** ... so maybe I can give you one of those as a reward.
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

4/19/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
That's okay, no rush. We can wait until you are ready to release something. The voyage was ultimately meant to be for fun. One thing I later realized is that if you zoom out all the way, there is no visible military so it would be difficult for other corporations to spot the ship.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/6/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
LunaMoth wrote:
That's okay, no rush. We can wait until you are ready to release something. The voyage was ultimately meant to be for fun. One thing I later realized is that if you zoom out all the way, there is no visible military so it would be difficult for other corporations to spot the ship.

Your Wasp in the center of the galaxy has found and rescued a until now unheard of class of ship that is even faster than your Zenith Hypercraft. Unfortunately you still have to fly back home with it =)
0 link