HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Not grasping some concepts Messages in this topic - RSS

Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
As a new player, I slipping on the learning curve.. To make a product, I need x, y, and z. I'm harvesting x. I can put up a buy order for y and z, but it appears I can only put up 1 buy order. So I can buy y or z but not both? Then what are the normal game mechanics for acquiring multiple components you may need to make stuff?
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
You can produce any component you have the materials for. It is cheaper to either buy the material from another corp through the contracts page (you must have a lvl 2 HQ for this), or to harvest them from the resource node. You then would use the production tab under the guide to determine what resources you need to produce the component, and then what components you need to produce the end product. If you choose to buy components or raw materials from a city you will be paying double the demand value. So if the the demand % of a raw material was 100%, you would be paying 200% for the product. You can potentially make money off of being a day trader, buy products with a relative low demand, and than sell them to cities with a high demand. The word of caution is every time you pruchase the max volume the city requires of that product, the demand % increases by 1%.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

4/17/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
You can only buy 1 product per turn from each unit/facility.
The normal means of using the buy order would be to set a transport (or other vessel) to buy the components you need from a city and return them to where you're main production takes place This requires you to buy high enough quantity that you have enough to keep producing while your ship travels to buy more.

You can also create an ACP and deploy it in a location with the raw material you need, thus producing it yourself. Same thing, though. Still have to have a craft go pick it up and bring it to the main production location.
You can also create contracts in the contracts page and have people deliver them to you if they accept the contract.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need.
+1 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
What are you looking to produce and I can give you more pointers on what you'd need to do

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
Okay, thank you. My HQ just finished upgrading to 2, so I went to the contracts page. There are people selling what I want to buy. Nowhere on that page do I see how to accept a contract or a way of buying the thing I want. It appears to be just information..
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
When you create a contract you have the option of choosing who it is available to. The best thing to do is put a message in the comms saying what you want to buy, the quantity, and ask for bids. Or you can create a contract by clicking create contract in the top right corner of the contracts page. From there you select you want to buy x product, Mark the availability to be anyone, and put your price and where you want it delivered to. Make sure you put the price per unit.

--
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
At first I did attempt to create a contract. But realized I did not know what price to pay per.. so I went and looked that up. Then I realized I had no way of knowing how many of the items would be delivered each turn.. having a limited amount of money, I did not want to put up a contract for xx thousands and have someone try to fulfill it.. Trying other types of contracts like the one you mentioned had similar concerns. And then there's the terminology. I consider a contract an agreement between two entities. What a contract here looks like to me are offer sheets, where anyone can buy parts of or all of the offer. So rather than get frustrated with potentially annoying game mechanics I am building transports to go and get the items where they are and bring them back.

Maybe when I have hundreds of thousands of something I'll go back to the contracts page but for now it just wasn't the experience I wanted. Actually a couple of things aren't the experience I was looking for but we'll see how it goes.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
No problem! In the comms I posted that we are looking for new corps to come to gulyaev. Take a look at the comms in game and message me if you have any concerns. There is a lot to learn and we have a lot of knowledge to share. Have you tried the Discord chat? The core players that are doing quite well will generally be online. We may not say much in chat but if people start asking questions you'd be amazed at how many come out of the woodwork.

--
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
Yes, I saw. Am thinking about it.. but I've only been playing a couple of days.. Long term it's probably in my best interest to stay put until I get more familiar with how things work. I saw the Discord server when I joined.. Didn't notice if it was chat or voice.. If it's voice it'll wait until I can get new headphones since I discovered back in the TeamSpeak days that no one could hear me if I just shouted. If it's text chat though I probably will drop in
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
The discord group is mainly text. I am on it during business hours in the US Mau my cuz I'm at my desk at work. Glad it's not voice.. there is a voice channel for it though IIRC.

--
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/17/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
And honestly the best way to learn is by doing. This would help you get into the groove and 50m is not bad of an investment if it encourages a player to continue the game

--
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/17/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
Thanks, and fair enough. 50mil and the rest of the offer is very enticing. But I need to take a couple of days to see if I'm going to make your investment worthwhile..
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

4/18/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Just be careful Shimrod - ChaChaCharms happens to be heavily devoted to some of the fringe cults of the galaxy, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to convert you wink

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/19/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Typically people use a transport of some kind and make them run to another city to buy a missing component and dump it at location where you factory is on a regular basis
0 link
Shimrod
Shimrod

4/20/2018
Shimrod
Shimrod
CptCommanche wrote:
Just be careful Shimrod - ChaChaCharms happens to be heavily devoted to some of the fringe cults of the galaxy, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to convert you wink

omg. You don't know the half of it. I was trying to get some more info when he says btw this is what happens to those who refuse me and he blows up Earth. Naturally I quickly accepted but now my friends all avoid me and weird people in hooded robes follow me around..
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/20/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Damn I liked you with the talk of chocolate and Irish whiskey... Now this.... good thing you are not based in Questa cuz we may have gotten hitched! Lol. To be fair I didn't blow up earth.. just obliterated about 2m population... but evergreen did his own share by just up and leaving..

--
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/20/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Hooded robes are in fashion btw.. I have a running shirt with a hood I will be wearing with a yoda hat at Disneysmile

--
0 link