Things we're working on lately Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/6/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We havn't seen any exciting new features in a long time. Its not that nothing has been worked on, its just that there are a few different things that havn't quite made it out yet or got held up. Some ideas lose steam when problems with it arise but are still lingering around waiting for a good solution. This is a list of some things that are in the works:

Doomstar Event - There is a Doomstar unit in game but it doesn't show up anywhere. The gigantic Machine ship that carries a kajillion fighters. It was meant tobe part of a new Doomstar event that was going to be like a Star System scaled Kaiju Event. THe specifics on how that event will operate just havn't come together. I was getting creative with having it move from city to city while the players put together a doom cannon to hit it really hard but that idea went sideways on implementation so it was pu ton hold. I might just release that event as a Doomstar that shows up near a planet and constantly sends out units to attack until you destroy it.

Planetary Megastructures - There is going to be a Ringworld (Pop growth) and Defense grid (Anti Ship defense) planetary megastructure added to the game. Its not that complicated to add these since the system for these bonuses are already in place. I got stuck on the graphical icons for these for a while. I want the planet to actually have a visible ring or array around it when deployed but they looked terrible at first. Not a good reasonto hold these up so you might see these coming soon. There is also going to be a star system megastructure, the dyson sphere/ring/swarm. That will be a while as it will be a lot of new coding for the mechanics behind how those work.

Email/mobile notifications - There is already some interface screens to setup anemail to forward certain in game notifications to, the atual emailing part isn't set up quite yet. You can most likely "email to your phone as SMS text" using a special email address at your carrier. i.e. 7025551212@vtext.com for Verizon for example. THe back end system to make sure I don't spam phones is taking some time but this will eventually show up. It owuld be for paid accounts only.

Politiacal Prestige - This was an idea to have a political prestige stat that was based on things like you being a ruler of some kind , owning megastructurres and having titles. This stat would increase logistics by a percentage and increase your voting power. A second part to that was to implement player voting against other players such as inflicting War Crimes penalty or ban players from trading at certainplanets etc via vote. Which new star system to open up next would also be soemthing you can vote on. This idea is mostly still on the white board but parts of it, like the stat itself, might creep into the game soon.

Quest system - There are no "quests" in the game and there is no reason to "explore" outside revealed star systems. That will change with a new system I'm working on. There will be visible locations around the star systems you can visit and pick up randomly generated quests to run. There will also be invisible ones out in space that will ocasionaly ping nearby ships. The quests mechanics will generaly be the standard fare, either some sort of delivery/cargo mission, a combat oriented kill quest or a puzzle solving one. The quests will have randomly generated "level", "quest type" and "reward type" which will be apparent in the flavor text and also be geared towards the type of location you are getting the quest from so you can vaguely choose the kind of quest/reward you want to run. "A Desperate Merchant wants you to deliver X qty poultry to some location" would be a simple delivery quest with probably a cash reward vs. "An Intergalactic Crime Lord wants you to rescue a person from a Dark Star base in another sector" is going to be more like a Guild raid against a large force of units that will take days if not week with a reward being something a Crime Lord would offer. Most likely you can only have one quest running for your entire corp at a time. If you want higher level quests you can go out farther into space to find them. The higher level quests simply scale up the distance, steps, combat power of the particular type of quest. The high level non upgradable ships as rewards are already in game and artifact fragments, which will make a great lower denomination of artifact currency as rewards are also coming soon.

Player events - I want to make events that are more player oriented such as the gladiator leagues that have been toyed with already. Something like a "race" around a str system (more like "Death Race") for prizes or even simple things like Military Parades.

Eventually all these things will show up in game, hopefully sooner than later. If theres other good ideas out there I'm always open to hear them.
0 link
WyrdWunne
WyrdWunne

8/6/2018
WyrdWunne
WyrdWunne
I'd love to see an additional order for units to send me an email. That would be a very useful order to give as the last order in the list so I know that the unit is finished.

Or if the unit is on an infinite loop, I might put that order at the end of its loop so I know that it just finished the iteration.
+1 link