HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Split productions Messages in this topic - RSS

Weylin
Weylin

7/7/2018
Weylin
Weylin
Would it be possible to allow for single buildings to split their production power across several products?
For example, you could have a single x33 construction factory make 110 basic, heavy, and complex materials every turn, if you set it as such.

I'm not sure what impact this would have on the game economy, since you could do more with less logistics. The alternative, though, is just changing productions regularly to keep things balanced, but it's not ideal.
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

7/9/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
This has been suggested before.
I think most of us would rather have programmable orders for buildings like we have for units so it would automatically change production and selling base on a schedule.
0 link
Weylin
Weylin

7/9/2018
Weylin
Weylin
Wreith42 wrote:
This has been suggested before.
I think most of us would rather have programmable orders for buildings like we have for units so it would automatically change production and selling base on a schedule.

I was thinking about suggesting this instead, but wasn't sure how much an improvement orders would be over split production, unless those orders could have conditionals, like "if less than 50,000 basic metals, produce basic metals at 100%"
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/9/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I am considering some simple AI triggers but I don't like the split production idea. The efficiency is gained through specializing. Many specialized corps trading with each other is the highest forms of efficiency you can get . Its what the game is based around.

Simple triggers that change production or ones for ship orders to not sell if the price is below "X" is more practical but it can become complicated. I would rather do a better form of notifying the player when triggers are hit and then having tools to easily change your orders across fleets and structures en mass with a few clicks
0 link