the topic is closed |

HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

What should we work on next? Messages in this topic - RSS

Of these features what do you want me to prioritize first?

Anomalies/Quests:8
Guild Bank :11
Comms messages forwarding to email/mobile:1
Political Prestige:1
Meta Game Voting Power:1
Strategic Locations:4
Unit Order management / logic:14
Buying Selling from Corps without contracts:10
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/12/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I have a lo of different features I'm juggling in the game right now and I'm losing focus on what is actually high priority so much like everything else in the game. Lets take a vote. Of these features what do you want me to prioritize first?

Anomalies/Quests - Anomalies such as Derelict Spacecraft, Trading Posts. Crash Sites are already being worked on. You will be able to accept randomized quests at those locations (Rescue Mission, Take out a Base, Deliver Goods) for rewards ranging from credits to Artifact Fragments to Randomized units.

Guild Bank - Allow for guild taxes which collect in a guild bank. Guild leaders can set guild members assets against the guild bank for maintenance. Allows Corps to run huge fleets or megastructures but have the maintenance paid for buy the guild bank. The "Guild" doesn't technically own any assets,the corps do. If the guild bank cannot cove the cost, the costs lands on the asset owners. This feature is almost pre-requisite before Huge Megastructures come into play.

Comms messages forwarding to email/mobile. You can set an email address (which can send to mobile through your carrier also) to forward certain comms messages like battles to your email or mobile.

Political Prestige - Titles, Megastructure ownership etc increases political prestige stat. This stat give bonus to voting and logistics.

Meta Game Voting Power - Voting powers to inflict punishment or sanctions on other players. War Reparations for unprovoked aggression, ban buying/selling/structures in the area or perhaps bounties. The extent of these powers rise with how much vote you can attain from other players with the scope. Restricted to city/planet/system leaders.

Strategic Locations - Similar to Strategic Resources in the game Stelaris. These are special locations that if you currently hold them you get corp wide bonus of some sort. "Capture" mechanic for these would be if you attack a corp at location who owns that resource and that the current owner is wiped out militarily the attacking corp with the highest Military Power gets ownership of that resource.
Penal Colony - Free maintenance Military Base
Android Factory - Free maintenance Shipyard for lower ships
Black Market - Small amount Free Products of any type
Monument - Political Prestige
Strange elements that reduce unit construction/maintenance or increase all movement while you hold it.
Worm Holes...

Unit Order management / logic - Allow for simple conditions and logic in the unit orders. Comments on units themselves. Make Variables for locations, product and quantity and allow those to be used in orders. You can change the variables at any time to shift all your orders around. The Military Order can store everything as it does now, but allow for mass update by variable table

Buying Selling from Corps without contracts. Simply go to a stack of goods and set for sell at a certain value. These show up on a list everyone can see and buy instantly (or perhaps on turn flip) without any other interaction.Full blown contracts can be regulated to more complicated and persistent agreements.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/17/2018
Vulpex
Vulpex
*edited post for relevance*

From my perspective the thing that I would find the most important is to work on those aspects of the game which would make it more likely to retain new players.

Note that I say retain, not draw - drawing in new players is something which is done separately from this by and large but it is something which can certainly be done in other ways.

In this sense I was drawn to many of the aspects which are relevant in the field of getting players to work together because it is when you have a community and friends which you are working with that you can actually enjoy the game in the long term. This would be great.

That is why I was rather interested in those aspects of the game which fostered cooperation - specifically the guild bank and the use of trades without contracts (which would make trade between corps much much easier).

I also very much liked the idea of the Unit Order Management because it would be a great UI improvement but not sure if every player would actually use it and benefit from it so I was a bit on the fence with that one.

But I also wonder if that is the right approach to retain players, it might be but I am not sure.

Another way of looking at player retention is to give them great long term goals. In that respect the follow-up to the guild banks is also very valuable - specifically when you look for the longer term huge megastructures projects - but also the new anomalies/quests and the strategic locations.

I do think there is a bit of confusion as to exactly how a guild bank would work - JBD has touched on a few of the key aspects but it boils down to the simple question of whether a unit being paid out of the guild bank still contributed to the logistics penalty of the player who owned the unit. (I have had discussions with a bunch of players, some believe it would not, some believe it would, and it might be part of the reason why that option is so popular, only Seren would be able to clarify).
edited by Vulpex on 8/17/2018
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/23/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Custom Variables has finally gone in. There is a post in the Development log about it. It took forever but it was mainly lack of time spent working on it. I should have more time now. The next thing going in will be selling a stack of product instantly without a contract.
+1 link