HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

How Guild Bank should work Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/20/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
This is being made sticky while I work on it. This is in relation to the "What should we work on Next" post from August 2018. Guild Bank is #1 in the poll and is a smaller feature that can show up quickly so its now given priority.

This is how I'm making a guild bank work to start, we can talk about adding more features and expanding it as we move long.

First thing is that Guilds will now how a "Bank" of credits. How exactly the guild collects money into the bank can go several different ways. The first one is simply straight deposit into the guild bank which is something i might allow on the guild page itself. The second way is by taxing the members. There will be a tax rate guild leaders can set which, for now, affects all members equally, although a more elaborate interface that allows you to tax members differently by overriding the default is a great idea.

What does the rate go against is a good question though. Should the tax go against a corps NET WORTH or TOTAL REVENUE or perhaps just the PROFITS your members make? Going by profits is at top of my list but would mean a guild member losing money every round would be contributing nothing. Perhaps I can make that a dropdown option also, how the tax rate works..

Some sort of Guild Accounting page is also going to show up which will show how much money each member is contributing (by whatever means) over the last few days and perhaps even a running total. That accounting is probably going to be public knowledge.

SO, collecting credits into a guild bank is the first part, the second is how the guild bank credits get spent. Are we going to allow guild leaders to directly transfer guild bank into their accounts if needed? Could be abusive but hey it's a guild and the terms of the tax is displayed before you join. However that brings up a good question, can guild leaders go from 2% to 100% and rape everyone? Is there a time limit to raise taxes, like it can only go up 1% a day? I'm currently capping the tax at 20% but guilds might want to legitimately tax 80-90% of your PROFITS for limited amounts of time and because its against profits it cant really wreck a member so it sounds pretty safe.

So far what I am working on right now is allowing corps/guild leaders to declare assets they already have as "Guild Assets" by a flag. This changes absolutely nothing about the asset itself, who owns it, who controls it, its still that corps asset in all ways BUT the Upkeep cost of that unit/fleet/structure now comes out of the guild bank. This allows the "guild" to essentially maintain huge assets but the authority over the assets is still on a single player, usually the guild leaders. The guild leaders can go to any of its members assets and flag them as Guild assets not the other way around. It will only be for military and structures.

When a turn flips all assets declared as Guild Assets get charged upkeep first against the respective Guild bank before players do. If the guild bank cannot cover ALL upkeep on a turn then it will do NO upkeep for that turn and whatever players are holding those assets will be hit with the upkeep instead.

I also want to make it possible to construct new units and structures via the guild bank. I haven't looked into that yet but it should be easy enough. On the construction queue page, you will simply have a flag to build whatever it is through the guild bank, if you are a guild leader. Again, if the guild bank cant cover every new asset in this way, then it will hit the corp instead.

The guild bank cannot go into debt, if it can't cover the cost of something it simply won't cover it. Deleting a guild will dump the bank onto the last player. If we allow direct withdrawal by guild leaders to their corps then that won't be a problem however having a guild leader simply steal all the money and run is going to be a possibility.
The guild does NOT have its own set of logistics and you will not be able to offload your logistical burden onto the "Guild" in any way through the guild bank. HOWEVER.... the idea of giving all guild members a bonus to logistics based on the membership in the guild is a legitimate idea. Might be paid account membership only to mitigate abuse though.

That's the current whiteboard plan I'm working on right now. Let me know what you think
edited by DrDread on 8/20/2018
0 link