HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

How a Capture mechanic should work Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/30/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
There is currently no way to capture other assets in the game except product through the Raid option in combat. I have some ideas on how it can be implemented in different ways.

The first idea is quite simple to implement. If you attack someone at a location and wipe them out, or a better way to say it is, if a corp is wiped out militarily at a location then any product, items and MAYBE even factories switch ownership to the highest military power of the attacking players at that location.

Taking factories seems a little much, but taking the product or items at locations sounds fine. Also, the highest military Power could be filtered down to ONLY INFANTRY or boots on the ground type of units (Infantry, Commando, Mechanized, but not Battle suits, tanks, artillery, aircraft).

There is also different idea when it comes to "Capturing" as opposed to "Destroying" big military assets. like star bases, Orbitals or megastructures and even normal factories. It would involve all units having a separate Capture hit point bar. "Capture" would be another option of attacking alongside Raid. When capturing, the Infantry type units would cause "Capture Damage" and only a fraction of normal damage. If the Capture HPs goes to zero then the asset is captured by the highest military power (Infantry Units) of the attacking corps. The Bar recovers similar to Hit points but if something was just captured, it will be very easy to capture again by someone else right after combat. You would bring a mostly ground force in if you intend to capture something as all other units would do full real damage.

"Capturing" a Corp HQ would allow for perhaps a percentage of credits or some other reward. Units under attack cannot be salvaged. In fact everything at a location can be prevented from salvaging anything if there is combat going on.

I'm still not sure if I would allow capturing of Factories, that seems devastating, it's worse then losing it. for the salvage money
edited by DrDread on 8/30/2018
-1 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

8/30/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
I have precisely 0 desire for this mechanic to be implemented at all. I'd much rather have a focus on the political aspects of the game.

That said:
1. I don't know why you would exclude Battle suits from the military power calculation
2. If you want to allow capturing of factories, give them a self-destruct equivalent of the retreat command for ships. If The capture bar reaches a certain percentage, the facility is salvaged rather than captured.
That would leave the possibility of capture depending on how fast it's happening just like retreat leaves the possibility of things being destroyed if there is enough attack power to surpass the percentage chosen.
+2 link
Harkon
Harkon

8/31/2018
Harkon
Harkon
I don't like capture idea either, one thing it is to destroy your army and structures or raid products those things you can recover and start over but to steal your corps credits and items that thing you cannot recover easily cus it can take months to acquire those things if not years, as well if your defenses got whipped out and your corp HQ is being constantly raided you will lose all your credits, it's a nice way to make people quit these game after they lose what they have acquired for months. But then again idk where these game is heading more toward economical playstyle or toward the combat playstyle.
+1 link