HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Order management Messages in this topic - RSS

Steffstoff
Steffstoff

9/1/2018
Steffstoff
Steffstoff
Dear Dr.Dread,

It seems that some new players quit the game after just few days playing. I think it is important to investigate what the reason could be for discontinue playing. One think which I have in mind when I'am thinking about this is the order management system. So I'd like to drop my thoughts about it. What do you and all others are thinking about these suggestions to make the management a bit easier? Or where do you see usability issues or perhaps just space for improvement?

• Drag & drop
    Move single orders via drag & drop into another position in the order list.

• Simple change order
    Changing the input by clicking (double click) directly in the cell (for order number, amount, move to location, product, and so on...).

• Check boxes
    With check boxes it would be possible to implement multi delete for specific orders in a list. Or... mark them grey what means "no action" but keep it for later (re-activating) which is useful too.
    "No action" / grey is more in a larger purchase plans. I need some stuff on regular base for the city and it would be nice to have a big order list were I could blend out some buy orders including move to location stuff. 300 turns later I need this buy orders again.... so just clicking for re-activating those. smile"

I think that would makes changes in an existing order list much easier.

On the other hand we should re-check the tutorial. Is anything in the tutorial what a new player really needs to enjoy? I know the community (we) are extremely helpful. But often new players like to explore a game first by their own. That would mean we are losing players before they are ready to get in touch with us. A good UI and game design should be kind of self-explanatory. May I'll open another thread regarding this.

Greetings
Steffstoff
edited by Steffstoff on 9/1/2018
0 link