HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Combat Events Messages in this topic - RSS

LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/8/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I recently realized that bounty for combat events are based on total military power brought to all battles related to the main base/ship. I think it makes more sense to be based on damage dealt. A small corp could be fighting a raider base for several turns with a low amount of power and then a large corp could swoop in to finish it off with maybe double the power of all the battles of the small corp; i.e., they would take 2/3 of the bounty. That doesn't seem fair.

For example:
1 commando deals 120 damage to a military base. 1 commando represents 12 military power.
1 battlesuit deals 40 damage to a military base. 1 battlesuit represents 80 military power.

3 battlesuits = 20x military power of a commando.

Suppose a small corp using 10 commandos wants to kill a base with 12,000 health points.
It would take at least 10 turns to do so--5 turns to deal 6,000 damage.
Now suppose that a large corp using 150 battlesuits (dealing 6,000 damage in 1 turn) attacks the base when it is at 7,200 health points (commando turn 5), which together finishes off the base.
The commando attacked for 5 turns equating to 10*12*5 = 600 total military power and ~5% of the bounty.
The battlesuits attacked for 1 turn equating to 150*80*1 = 12,000 total military power and ~95% of the bounty.

In addition, other corps could be defending against attacking enemies but won't get any bounty since they didn't deal damage or bring military power to the main base/ship.

The tricky part is when there is multi-corp overkill. In such situations, maybe the ratio of the damages could be used. Or for battles that take more than one turn, maybe there could be precedence for those that were in the previous battle.
edited by LunaMoth on 9/8/2018
+1 link