HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Parallel buying orders Messages in this topic - RSS

Anticycle
Anticycle

11/21/2018
Anticycle
Anticycle
Hi all,

At the moment, selling different goods in a city happens in parallel thanks to the sell everything option (all the sell orders are executed on the same turn up to the maximum volume of the city for the corresponding good).
However there is no option for buying several goods at the same time

In my opinion this would be a massive feature for traders, allowing you to have a few large Transports rather than a myriad of small ones.
edited by Anticycle on 11/21/2018
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/17/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
How exactly do you propose a "Buy Everything" would work? There are like 150 products to buy. You would have to declare a list of products you intend to buy which would allow for one ship trying to buy 150 different products at once. That would cause a lot of problems. Maybe force a list of 10 max? You are essentially exploiting the low volumes of a city by allowing for a 10k cargo ship to buy 100 different products at 100 volume each and filling the cargo in a single turn. I understand the desire for this, you could simply buy everything that's at 10 demand at one city and sell everything to another. I'm not even against the idea to be honest now that I think about it. Having an option to SELL from a list of 10 things would also give you more control also

It would take some major changes in how buy/sell works, incorporating a list in addition to Sell Everything (no Buy Everything though). A feature for down the road that Ill try to keep handy
0 link