HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Demand changes and City surplus Messages in this topic - RSS

Serenity
Serenity

2/27/2019
Serenity
Serenity
So, I have these ideas for sometime and I finally decided to share them with you.

Demand changes:
I would increase pop growth threshold to 150% (from the current 100%) and I would also increase minimum demand to 50% (from the current 10%).

As I see the main problem pre Gamma Ray update was the 190% difference between minimum demand (10%) and pop growth threshold (200%) that enabled players to keep demand for Raw Materials and Components very low so they could sell End Products and Civ Services at very high demand (well above 300%) for insane profits.

The Gamma Ray update fixed the difference (now it is only 90%), but it also reduced volumes. Because of the reduced volumes and the pop growth threshold set to 100% it is hardly profitable to keep cities growing.

My 50-150 idea would keep the difference between minimum demand and pop growth threshold low (100%) so It wouldn’t be possible to have insanely high demands in a growing city, but it would make city building profitable. And, with the increased minimum demand, super specialized corporations could earn some profit even at minimum demands. Also, it would make cities not selling any products for a lower price than their base value.

City surplus:
The basic idea is, cities would store products that are oversold at minimum demand as surplus in a visible and interactable surplus storage.

• The maximum capacity of these storages could be based on product volumes. I was thinking: product volume x 100.
  • Cities would consume 10% product volume from their surplus every turn. It would keep demand at minimum as long as there is enough surplus.
  • Buying from cities at minimum demand would remove the amount of products bought from the surplus storage without increasing demands. If there is no surplus left the demand would increase normally.

With this people in a well-supplied city could buy products for base price without hurting pop growth.

There could be some system in place for leaders and title holders to earn some extra money (or political influence?) based on city surplus. Maybe a small percentage of product sales from surplus.

If leaders would have the power to limit accessibility for products at city, planet and system level it would make everything more interesting. (To be honest this is true without any of my ideas)

I don’t really like this but it could mean the possibility for cities being raidable.

--
Sweet Fruit Supply
0 link