The Downgrade Update Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/21/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Also probably known as the "F This Game!" Update to those who like high numbers!

The haul missions pay has been changed to be more in line with reality (groan) . Generally they start out at 5% of the value of whatever you are carrying and that percentage goes up with distance. Quickly at firs then slower and slower, at distance 25 its at 10% and like 500 distance its at 15% at 10,000 its at 20% and 25% past that. Longer distances probably need a warp gate to be viable when hauling tier 1 goods (and theres only tier 1 goods right now) You can still make several million on a long haul with a ton of product, but not the billion you were making before. Now the short range missions are a better deal, but the scale of mission is small, the HIGH end missions don't pay well considering the distance but if you have fast ships and the right gates, they are quite viable. Higher missions made more for higher level players

The Warp Gates have gotten cheaper to use (yay). They not operate against the warp Level , not the multiplier. SO warp 10 gate usage is 10x the cost of warp 1. Like spaceports there is an aggregate of what is being moved through the gate on the More Info page of the gate itself (for the owner).

Artifacts were scaled down a bit (groan) the Dimensional AX artifacts the Longdoor movement is at 15 reduced from 25. The Cargo boost is 200% reduced from 500% and the capacity boost is 100% reduced from 250%. I have scaled down a lot of things because they all multiply eachother and make units that are 20x more powerful than the original.

The raiders and pirates raiding should be fixed (Yay / groan) . There was a bug preventing them from actually raiding your goods for quite some time. Feel free to take them all back from their base

Nanite swarm artifact effect now does 25% across 2 turns to do damage faster than it can be repaired.

Asteroid mining has been NERFED! (*screams* *gunshots*) The overcrowding rate on asteroid mining has been changed to something more logarithmic so you get an exponentially lower output the more power you have past 100. Pretty much can't get anymore than 10x the resource value per turn no matter how much military power you throw at it,. You do still get your research bonus against the total though which now plays a bigger role.. Asteroid mining is meant to be a place to get some small amount of critical or missing resource without having to take territory and setup factories. It very viable on small scales but you can't replace your industry with it. That breaks all the games base mechanics.

All the special units are getting scaled down in stats by something like a third. I haven't pushed this change yet, i'm waiting till tomorrow to give players a chance to dump their units before their capacity drops makes them go into space. Almost all of the special units,the ones you find on mysterious missions are being scaled down. usually the attack multiplier. The biggest one you will see now is 3x not 5x . Hitpoints come down about that much also. Some speeds were lowered. Space train took a hit from 25K cargo to 15k cargo warp carrier capacity lowered etc. There is good news though. The upkeep of the units have all been lowered to be just a little higher than normal. the Cyber and AI units usually had their upkeep even lower than their normal counterparts. No exactly a logistics boost, but a significant reduction in cost for people with these units.

A stealth update from weeks ago made it so you can load units onto a carrier even if that unit i loaded with cargo itself. This was done make Haul missions and such a little easier since youcanload a haul mission onto a transport, then load it and fly it to the destination and search with the carrier and it should do every thing correctly. Is a little wonky because there's no way to actually add or remove cargo from those until you actually unload it.

This is all being down to try to get all money booms out of the game before we reset it

And as for a reset, that is NOW what I'm working on. I'm going to get things ready to reboot the game, offer all previous players boosts. Change some of the available starting boosts. When I have that ready to go I'll announce it with probably a week warning.
0 link