HomeNews and Announcements

Official news and announcements from the game.

Game Reset planned for Saturday Oct 5th, 2019 Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/29/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We have made a lot of changes and fixed a lot of exploits to the game in the last several months. A lot of these problems caused most of the player base to become disenchanted with the game By popular demand of the existing player base we will be doing a total reset of the entire game next weekend while inviting everyone who ever played back in. Everything will be wiped out the game turn will be reset to 1 and everyone will start over fresh in a brand new galaxy.

If you are an original founder or have paid into the game, don't worry, you will be getting a starting boost equivalent to the amount you have already paid in. All players who have ever signed up, whether they ever paid anything or not are going to get at least one month of paid subscription. If you have paid into the game in any way that meets or exceeds an existing accelerated start package, you will get that package. So if you've put $30 into the game in any way, you will get at least the $30 accelerated start package. If you've put in $90 or more, you will get the highest level package. Original Kickstarter Founders will get the same founders package they got when the game originally launched. Everyone will get a new subscription that they can activate after creating their corp from the Homepage >> View Profile

We're planning to initiate the game reset next weekend, on Saturday October 5th, 2019. There is no exact time but we are shooting for between 3-4pm PAC time. You are invited to come to the discord channel in the the hour before the reset. I plan to be around all evening to insure a smooth launch and re-launch again if there is a major issue.
0 link
Zip444
Zip444

10/2/2019
Zip444
Zip444
Um, There is no $30 accelerated start package.
Which is unfortunate because I see that I have paid $30 for 12 months subscription in the past, is there a cheap way for me to get the $40
accelerated start package? I expect a lot of people have a total spend of $30
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/3/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Zip444 wrote:
Um, There is no $30 accelerated start package.
Which is unfortunate because I see that I have paid $30 for 12 months subscription in the past, is there a cheap way for me to get the $40
accelerated start package? I expect a lot of people have a total spend of $30

If you buy 2 months for $10 right now, you would have spent $40 ever , and you will get the $40 accelerated start when I reset.

Whatever package you end up with is going to to add ADDITIONAL months to your subscription if you are currently paid into the future. That's true regardless of a reset. So if you did this right now and were paid up until ~12/4/2019.. After the reset when you punch your $40 start it will give you the starting money on your new corp and pay you up until 12/4/2020 .

If you spent $50 is the past however all you're going to get is the $40 accelerated start and not an extra 2 months of sub. There are a tiny number of people who fit that scenario
The founders from the kick starter are getting their founder package regardless of what extra they spent also. There are only a small handful of people like that anyway.
edited by DrDread on 10/3/2019
0 link
PanicJack
PanicJack

10/4/2019
PanicJack
PanicJack
I heard about this game from the board in a different game and wanted to understand it before the rest (tomorrow). I have a basic grasp of the game, but is there a different tutorial anywhere besides the in game tutorial or any kind of reference guide to look at that helps explain what everything does or why it could be needed.

Main issues I have so far, a few days in, are: 1, knowing what areas on Earth (other than Cities) have demand for items or what their resource values are. I spread my ACP during the tutorial and it recommended an area with 13 agriculture, but as I look for other areas to send to, I dont see this value or can not understand where it is located when I zoom in on a location. I see a check box on the left that says 18 agriculture but that isnt the local value.

2, what other structures do, like a shipyard? I imagine it builds ships. Do I need it? Why do I need it? Should I build it near my main HQ or is it better to build somewhere else. Why?
3, what does upgrading actually do? On my transports, are they faster, able to carry more things? I dunno, but I know its better to upgrade them. If the capacity is better when upgraded, by how much? How much should I be producing at my ranch before I need to upgrade the transport that is selling at another city? I dont know

There are more questions and things, and I am not looking for an answer here, but just pointing out that I dont know where to find this info if it exists.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/4/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
PanicJack wrote:
I heard about this game from the board in a different game and wanted to understand it before the rest (tomorrow). I have a basic grasp of the game, but is there a different tutorial anywhere besides the in game tutorial or any kind of reference guide to look at that helps explain what everything does or why it could be needed.

Main issues I have so far, a few days in, are: 1, knowing what areas on Earth (other than Cities) have demand for items or what their resource values are. I spread my ACP during the tutorial and it recommended an area with 13 agriculture, but as I look for other areas to send to, I dont see this value or can not understand where it is located when I zoom in on a location. I see a check box on the left that says 18 agriculture but that isnt the local value.

2, what other structures do, like a shipyard? I imagine it builds ships. Do I need it? Why do I need it? Should I build it near my main HQ or is it better to build somewhere else. Why?
3, what does upgrading actually do? On my transports, are they faster, able to carry more things? I dunno, but I know its better to upgrade them. If the capacity is better when upgraded, by how much? How much should I be producing at my ranch before I need to upgrade the transport that is selling at another city? I dont know

There are more questions and things, and I am not looking for an answer here, but just pointing out that I dont know where to find this info if it exists.

There is a "Guide" from the homepage which explains just about everything in detail. Its like 40 pages long. But it isn't as easy to search as a Wiki. A new wiki recently went up for Barons of the Galaxy but it isn't very populated yet.

To look around use the Viewscreen , It gives a vague graphical representation of things, there are Sub tabs like Overview, Resources, Industry Demand, Military but if you want a LIST of actual things there, hit the "Show Data" button on the right side next to the zoom buttons. It will essentially change the view screen from a graphical representation, which is very vague, to a list of everything in grids. Again the different sub tabs like Overview, Resources ect will display different types of grids as appropriate.

The prices of everything is on the demand sub tab. But when you are looking at the screen zoomed out it gives you an average, if you want to see the actual price of goods you have to zoom into a specific location OR look at the Top 10 grid in the lower left. It points out specific cities and products when youre looking at an entire planet (like earth)
0 link
PanicJack
PanicJack

10/5/2019
PanicJack
PanicJack
Awesome, thank you, I didnt notice the guide.... DERP! I see now that there are several pages when you click through it. I will go through it tonight and I can update the Wiki to help as I understand the game better. Great job on this! It is a very detail rich and intriguing game.
0 link