General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Barons of the Galaxy Essential Guide Messages in this topic - RSS

CptCommanche
CptCommanche

10/17/2019
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Greetings corporations!

I have been striving to create a supplemental guide for this game to cover a huge variety of topics. Unfortunately it isn't finished yet with about about 25-30 still left to be written, but there's enough here that some players might find some great use out of it. Hopefully its useful, and if there is some additional info you would like to see included or any obviously wrong info within, please let me know so that this resource can be the most useful to everyone.

How to use this guide:
You can work through it front to back, however it can also be searched for specific topics or keywords using [cntrl-F] on your keyboard. This guide will eventually be expanded to include more tables as well as finishing out the remaining incomplete sections at the end.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp

+2 link
Methanevalley
Methanevalley

10/17/2019
Methanevalley
Methanevalley
Looks good! I did find one mistake, though: storage cost is half the normal value at your HQ, not a tenth the normal value.

-Titan Industrial
0 link
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121

10/22/2019
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121
Hey, Thx, this is just what i needed! The devs guide is slightly incorrect and outdated at times...

One question: you write that in order to found a city, one only needs to fulfill industry requirements. but what are those? the Devguide says 3000 units pr. turn, but I see cities like Newfane, neptune, that produce way less!
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

10/22/2019
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Appears that the dev guide is wrong on this point. A city requires 1000 industry to be started! I will add this to my next update.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121

10/22/2019
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121
Ah, thank you! Thats a lot easier to do without overcrowding. The dev guide has several such mistakes, unfortunatly. Overcrowding, for example, i said to occur at 10 times the resouce value, but the numbers given indicate output in the thousands, which of course is more correct.
0 link
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121

10/25/2019
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121
I found another question, maybe for your FAQ: It appears that upkeep for a structure doubles each level. however, that would mean that after level 5, upgrading increases cost/unit, which seems wrong. So how does upkeep scale?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/25/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The Effective attack PDF. You inspired me to actualy query the database directly in this manner. Something I never really did. I'v been toying with several different comparisons including yours by cost per turn. Interesting results. I might incorporate it into the combat matrix and allow you to do different comparisons on a drop down. I also might tweak the stats some.
0 link
Mariner
Mariner

2/18/2024
Mariner
Mariner
bump

p.s.
for new players
edited by Mariner on 2/18/2024
0 link