HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Megastructure Political Bonus changes Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/26/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Because placing a megastructure will typically increase your logistics more than it takes to place it. It becomes an infinitely increasing bonus only limited by how many you can place, and you can place quite a bit Three per city = 30 per city . It's not the intention of having infinite political bonuses unless it has infinitely diminishing returns or expense. There needs to be a change to the mechanic to prevent this positive feedback of bonus. The placement of Megastructures has become the all win no loss way to simply increase the scale of your game by huge amounts.

One idea is to limit the bonus by Corp, as in, only your highest level Megastructure, of each type, counts towards your political score. This effectively maxes you out by the number of megastructures available (Spaceport, StarBase, Guns, HyperTower, Arcology, Mobile Fortress) = 5 = max 50 bonus from megastructures (until we add a few more, and we will)

Another better idea is to make each megastructure past the first highest level one grants a decreasing amount of bonus. like only grant half of its bonus or maybe just 10% less as the previous. So Your top megastructure by scope and level grants full bonus then next one grants 90% its normal bonus then next one 80%. This effectively maxes out bonuses from megastructures at your top 10. This works well because we can also make orbitals worth more than City Megastructures and we also have planetary megastructures in the works plus a Dyson Sphere star level one eventually coming. So while you are limited to your "top 10" megastructures for a political bonus your max end goal would be to have 10 Dyson spheres under your name which Won't be easy to say the least.
0 link
Xonera
Xonera

12/26/2019
Xonera
Xonera
Haha, I should read before running my mouth! Excellent ideas! If the goal is to increase the quanity of mega-structues, I still think having static bonuses would be easier to balance, in terms of "free vs. paid" and in terms of cost. I've recently noticed that the upgrade costs for MCPs/OCPs separately seem to be the same, however the upkeep is not. This also takes away the "upgrade everything" concept, as you wouldn't need lv10 to get the entire bonus. Or perhaps, you *do* need lv10 to get the bonus.

Reposting from the in-game coms, having a hard limit on how many structures apply I think would be easier to understand instead of scaling diminishing returns. It will also help again in the conversation of "what is max logistics?" "what is max political score?" "what is max mil log points?" and allow for a graph-able progress chart for players.

I agree with the notion that bigger CPs should reward more political score, but I also don't want an "end-all" structure, that would allow one corp to reign supreme if they have enough of them.
0 link