HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Guild Income / Separate Logistics Messages in this topic - RSS

ZhuKuan
ZhuKuan

1/14/2020
ZhuKuan
ZhuKuan
I do not know if this is part of an update or a list Dread may have in the future for the Guilds/Guild Banks, BUT.....here goes.

I switched some of my civilian service buildings to guild assets to test this. Although It only takes the production cost out of guild bank.

Thought it would be cool if it added money to the guild bank after said items would've been sold. Instead it was directly put into my bank. Could this be altered to give the Guild Bank some sort of income stream besides a tax? Course it would be up to the guild to have either one of these options...or both if they want.

Also maybe a separate logistics/fleet amount based on a "Guild HQ" just like a single corporation has. Upgrades would cost alot more and single corporations could donate his/her buildings/armies to their guild.

Could Have the guild work as a single corporation working by itself. You would have to login to "GUILD VIEW" under guild tab. Only certain members can access. It would switch you over to things you would do normally playing the game but as the Guild itself. Make sense?

Technically it would act as an ALT account for Guild Master or the 2nd in command of the guild

Just a HUGE idea. Throwing it out there. Criticism...or alternate ways that may be easier?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/26/2020
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
HenriDavidon wrote:
Can piles of product be made 'guild assets'? Just to pay for storage costs? Or would that be messy or weird?

Messy and weird because stacks disappear and its hard to keep information attached to them. Market selling your stack is shaky because you can have your own ships take the entire remaining stack and once that happens you kind of lose that market sell setting.

There are a few features people want to control their stacks better, like setting a minimum that even there own ships can't transfer below that amount and such that I can't easily do because product, in the database, isn't very static.

However a Distribution center IS pretty static. So the idea is to control all these things through the distribution center. Once you're editing a product in the DC I can probably ad a few more fields for things like "Wharehouse amount" that you an set to say 1000 and so no ship of yours will pick up that product if it brings it under 1000 on the ground, also no factory will use that product as a component if it brings it under 1000. You are essentially locking 1000 qty on the ground. I can even move the Market selling options to the distribution center so you can ALWAYS have Water for sale at 90 per unit at that location even if all your water was picked up or used and new water showed up from one of your freighters. I can probably keep the current market sell feature for a product stack in place so you can still sell a stack floating in space somewhere if you need to.

So if i expand the Distribution Center to handle this I can then probably make something that allows the Distribution center AND/OR any of the products it has declared in it, as a Guild asset. You could then make a "Guild Wharehouse". (Distribution Center set to Guild Asset) where anyone can drop off or store their goods and the ones declared in the DC can have storage cost paid by the guild.

One day when "Expand the Distibution Center Features" becomes a priority =)
+1 link