TimurThunder

all messages by user

8/23/2017
Topic:
Perhaps its time to tweak Geo Boosters

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
What is your current thinking on what will change?

(And again. Demand dependant on price, Set sales price option. Wrong location for fix.)
8/24/2017
Topic:

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
I assumed that 200% was normal due to that being the point of population staying constant - the system is still unstable at that point, but if you get it there it does not change on it´s own if you manage to keep everything else constant. Average 100% leads to crazy fast growth.
8/24/2017
Topic:

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Demonstration of how to do it hopefully coming up. Still talking details. ALSO DESPERATELY WANT TO KNOW: Will gaia boosters modify the growth from each product, or the aggregate one?
8/24/2017
Topic:

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
If you modify gaia boosters in a way that requires an average demand of below 200, population growth is possible if those players owning the spaceports use the benefit they get from the port - participation on every trade - to subsidize raw material prices. Going all the way down.

Components also need to be supplied at or below 200%. Exact numbers on ideal demand depend on the players benefitting from the system. It is ok to stay at 200%.

Next you want suppliers for 10% of the end product demand to keep them stable, and since we are greedy bastards, above 200%. 24 raw mats at 10%, 21 components at 200%, 100 end products so that average demand is below 200%. The tricky part is that you need 100 end products supplied. Average demand on end products can not go above 246% (24*10% + 21*200% + 100*246%)/145 = 200.2%.

So people will be making good profits if they organise, but super-high demands are a thing of the past, too.

I called the system unstable. You need the suppliers of end products to activly maintain their prices. Anybody not doing their job hurts the profits of everybody else, and benefits later because average demand on their products is higher when 200% avg. is reached. This could be counter-acted by having demand volume drop at higher demand%, and figure demand volume into average demand (do not know if that happens, much of it is a black box).
8/24/2017
Topic:

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Fun graphics, thanks for the heads-up seren. 5 times the production in raw mats, figuring 1:1 for components and 1:3 for end products, but still. More raw than I would have thought.
8/25/2017
Topic:

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Level 4 is actually only 10k I think, the first level you get a bonus to production amount vs. base cost. And going for high ressource levels like that is very important. You not only get lower average cost, but you get LOADS of material per facility level, saving you LOADS of logistics penalties later on. Which, relating to this topic, is very important for your final income. You can cope with an additional 100 credits on raw material cost, but needing another raw material site to run another end product chain, that is going to cost 8-10% on the base cost of everything you already own. Which can be huge.
9/4/2017
Topic:
Multi-Accounts (Alts)

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
I dont. More need for an army yet again.
9/16/2017
Topic:
Economic Development Report.

TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Excuse me, the PHB wants his reports? They'll be ready when?