HomeNews and Announcements

Official news and announcements from the game.

Kickstarter campaign link available Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/30/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
This is a link to our DRAFT of the Kickstarter campaign we plane to launch on August 6th

Barons of the Galaxy Kickstarter Campaign

We have increased the rewards from last time and we're also offering big immediate bonuses for the Beta Test if you back the project. It's been mentioned that the live game rewards are lacking because all they are is free paid time. We're against making any pay to win style boosts past the "Accelerated Start" option that will slowly be put into the game as the average players become more established.

However we are considering offering perhaps just a Corp HQ level increase in your live game as backer rewards, without any credits. That wouldn't catapult you forward quickly but you wouldn't have to wait for the time and money to upgrade your Corp HQ. That seems like a reasonable tradeoff and also can't be abused or farmed like a credit bonus can. A Corp HQ level increase at launch is also the type of reward we were planning to give our helpful and active Alpha Game testers in addition to whatever rewards they get for backing the project even if they don't actually back it.

We would love to hear your feedback on the campaign rewards!
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

8/1/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I like the idea of limiting the impact that backing the game brings to the actual day to day gameplay. Otherwise you end up with massive lopsided groups who dictate everything and new players are shunned if not forced out. Do you think that there is any merit to rewards for top players of the week, perhaps 'Most Valuable Corp' (Highest NW), or the corp with highest positive change in NW for the week/month/year?

Also, should the Quazar Dragon reward be +500billion credits instead of +500mil? The Star Lord reward is +1bil creds..

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/1/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
I like the idea of limiting the impact that backing the game brings to the actual day to day gameplay. Otherwise you end up with massive lopsided groups who dictate everything and new players are shunned if not forced out. Do you think that there is any merit to rewards for top players of the week, perhaps 'Most Valuable Corp' (Highest NW), or the corp with highest positive change in NW for the week/month/year?

Also, should the Quazar Dragon reward be +500billion credits instead of +500mil? The Star Lord reward is +1bil credits..

... That IS a typo. I think it was meant to be 5 billion, not 500 billion. 5 billion is a LOT of money that's like plopping 20 monoliths down.

As for top player rewards, I was considering offering the top players in the different categories of production, like by their titles, some kind of bonus, maybe in game credits. it would be like the top 3 or 5 from each category so it would be a lot of people. The bonus wouldn't be much but would be based on the total production being represented. Like if you're farming king of earth you would get a bonus based on the total farming production of earth. I was also considering giving more subscription time if you hold high rank, even if its a few days a month, which makes it almost "Get Paid to Play" =)
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

8/1/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
The only down side I see to the idea of rewarding the top players, is unless something changes drastically, the kings, princes, and barons will probably remain constant, but since it will be per system, it shouldn't be too hard for someone to grow the same trade in a separate system. Has there been any thought as to having a title for the top producer in a sector, quadrant, galaxy? That would be a tough title to keep imo.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/1/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
The only down side I see to the idea of rewarding the top players, is unless something changes drastically, the kings, princes, and barons will probably remain constant, but since it will be per system, it shouldn't be too hard for someone to grow the same trade in a separate system. Has there been any thought as to having a title for the top producer in a sector, quadrant, galaxy? That would be a tough title to keep imo.

You mean like titles beyond System level? like "Galactus"! I think I've run out of title names =)
I actually don't like the idea of having some grand top 10 of players because that's just an ego board for a very small number of people. I prefer to have 20% of the players to be on a top 10 chart somewhere. I almost brought the titles down to the product level so you could be the "Sugar King of Mercury" but I made it the categories instead so it wasn't so out of control.
I think having the Government positions or even just the Star Lords per system on a grid on the home page would be great. Maybe every system we show the star lord the emperors and all the city rulers. can have a list of the biggest producers per category as well . There is no way straightforward way to determine a #1 guy, Maybe by Net Worth?
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

8/1/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I agree with your reasoning 100%! I'm not sure if we can truly determine the #1 player or not. Maybe the idea of number one in production number one in military. But you already have titles for that

--
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

8/1/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
You missed the opportunity for it to be 'Sugar Daddy of Mercury'... :-D
+1 link