HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Noob protection and scaling with more players Messages in this topic - RSS

Blinkos
Blinkos

8/5/2016
Blinkos
Blinkos
So, as I understand it so far you are given a hq at a location in Sol when the game starts which is protected by the Terran Federation. It is similar to the CONCORD in Eve from what I understand in that it helps you defend against anyone that attacks you IN SOL.
What happens though when you leave Sol? And what happens when Sol goes full?
Wouldn't it be more noob-friendly having people complete the tutorial in Sol and THEN moving their HQ to another planet outside Sol? Or have them complete basic quests (build this, build that etc) as a greater tutorial and then moving them out of Sol?
At the moment number of people doesn't seem like a great issue but it can fast become one. It is kind of a turn-off to see a multi billion corp at the same planet as you controlling pretty much everything.
Every noob should be in a noob environment and then try to build his way to the top.

Ideas. I might have not understood the concept of the game well enough yet.
Excuse me if that is the case.

Also I would like to ask anyone that played long enough in the alpha this:

What happens if one player just focuses on the military part and just raids / pillages and destroys bases? Isn't that an unfair advantage given that most people I see focus on the economic part of the game?
0 link
Jazzek
Jazzek

8/5/2016
Jazzek
Jazzek
If you just focused on destroying & pillaging you wouldn't make enough money to keep your fleet alive. You can only really loot things outside of the terran protected areas, otherwise they intervene and pop your stuff.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/5/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
In Sol you are protected by terran federation in the cities, but not so much when you make a factory outside a city, which I is usually higher resource. Terran Fed ships do show up at battle locations and linger for a while to make sure it's difficult to pound people indefinitely. The moons are even more unsafe and eventually we add asteroids which are going to essentially be open territory. There is nothing stopping you from building structures in other systems, even on a free account, you just can't move your Corp HQ out there which makes it slower and more difficult. You can get a tastes of the frontier but you need a paid account to really go out there

Sol system is a stable and relatively safe zone that you CAN play the game forever but it's designed for you to eventually go full account and then go off into the other systems. There is no Terran Fed out there but there will be players who get elected to be rulers of cities, planets and star systems. They will be the "Cops" because it is in their interest to do so.

A big player in Sol cant do much with his money in Sol and the prices can only go down so far, they are regulated.
0 link
Blinkos
Blinkos

8/5/2016
Blinkos
Blinkos
I see. Will take my time and explore further then. Thanks for the reponse.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/5/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Blinkos wrote:
I see. Will take my time and explore further then. Thanks for the reponse.

After the Kickstarter launch, this weekend, we may see some action in the other systems. backing the project at all gives you paid account status during the entire beta and you can relocate out there If you like.
0 link
akours
akours

8/6/2016
akours
akours
a) I am Greek and capital controls are a bit messy atm.
b) Have some issues with my credit card

Will definitely back but probably next week. Thanks for all the info Big Grin
0 link
CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen

8/6/2016
CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
akours wrote:
a) I am Greek

Glad to see you guys are still kicking !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_xQTlRbLJY
0 link
akours
akours

8/6/2016
akours
akours
CmrdRowen wrote:
akours wrote:
a) I am Greek

Glad to see you guys are still kicking !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_xQTlRbLJY

Everything is fine. I suppose foreign media make things larger than they are so it is more "interesting".
We are just struggling with less available jobs and lower wages. Not starving yet :P (Well some are but most aren't)

+The alcohol part.
0 link
CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen

8/6/2016
CmrdRowen
CmrdRowen
Well I guess that was a way to scare us in western europe. But there something you MUST answer here :
is Greece included in the balkans ?
0 link
akours
akours

8/6/2016
akours
akours
CmrdRowen wrote:
Well I guess that was a way to scare us in western europe. But there something you MUST answer here :
is Greece included in the balkans ?

Geographically yes, historically no, politically sort of.
0 link