HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

[UI/reporting/QoL] Cities, accounting, vehicles Messages in this topic - RSS

5argan
5argan

9/11/2016
5argan
5argan
I have multiple QoL suggestions that emerged now that I have a lot of stuff I'm producing and selling each turn as well as having relocated to Sirius recently.

1) Make clearer when a new city spawns.
So far another player and me are trying to get a new city to spawn in a certain location on Sirius.
My current estimate is that production has to be higher than 500 in a location to spawn a city there (we are at 470 rn I think) but it might be something else.
It would be nice if the exact requirements were stated somewhere, other than
Guide page wrote:
Cities are normally formed when a certain amount of industry is taking place at that location

2) Extend the Accounting page under the Corporate tab

One of the things I use my buy/sell-filter under accounting for, is to get the round trip times of my sellers.
However, recently I've been selling so much stuff, that this is getting impossible, because there are so many sale reports that sales from my last trip aren't even displayed.
I'd suggest allowing the user to display more records or having multiple pages to flip through.
I get that you'd have to store more on the server, but sometimes it's really hard to figure out what's going on right now.
This suggestion also brings me to my next point:

3) Display travel time of units
It would be really nice if we could see the estimated turn our vehicles arrive at the target of one of their move orders assuming their current speed stat (incorporating upgrades would be nice but unnecessary imo).
That would help with part of my problem described in 2) but would be a very neat addition in general, especially when trying to inhabit a new planet/system and trying to plan around it, even more so with multiple people.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/11/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
1) Sure, the number wasn't displayed because it was changing and it is hard coded somewhere, the guide can't call it from the database. It is set at 500 right now and it checks every 100 turns. I'm open to ideas as to where to display it outside the guide. Perhaps any location hat has industry but no city yet, a little notes that describes it will spawn a city at 500. Maybe on the overview tab?

2) Displaying huge pages worth of grid data becomes a little bandwidth intensive but we can make a paging system. We can perhaps allow the buy/sell to filter to a specific unit or a specific city. That should be more helpful in figuring out what's going on, especially if you can just click on their names on the grid. Anything more complicated than that we canmake a report for in the Corporate >> Reporting section, a list of every unit followed by a list of all his transfers

3) Travel time is a little tricky with complicated list of orders with loops, but its on the drawing board =)
0 link
5argan
5argan

9/11/2016
5argan
5argan
1) overview tab sounds fine, in that case it would be nice to also have a display on what turn it checks next.

2) either of those would be nice

3) I'd be fine with a number next to the move order that displays the turns until completion of that order, maybe in style of the wait order display on the asset screen or so, I don't necessarily need a "time until all orders are finished", just for the move orders by themselves would be nice.
0 link
Rujholla
Rujholla

9/11/2016
Rujholla
Rujholla
Or maybe if you put in the display log of the vehicle in question sold XXX to city for XXX
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/12/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
I think for some of these things we (as a community) may need to start working on a wiki - I was very much aware that 500 is the limit needed to create a new city for instance...
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/12/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
I think for some of these things we (as a community) may need to start working on a wiki - I was very much aware that 500 is the limit needed to create a new city for instance...

Right now its a little early for a Wiki, these things might change. The 500 industry was arbitrary and with so many cities popping up that not many people are even selling to we might reconsider how and when new cities are created. We've been trying to put more and more into the guide and we want to eventually have little help icons next to things in the interface that will take you straight to it in the guide. The guide has changed more than once or twice as things have changed so we don't like updating the guide very often =)
0 link